Would you like to build your publishing skills and experience and learn about the editorial and production processes? We have an exciting opportunity working for a highly respected organization in their journals division on an initial fixed term contract. The Editorial Production Assistant will have the opportunity to learn about the publishing process of peer reviewed journals along with managing the entire journal production process, including print and digital publications. Some key responsibilities of the role will involve:
- Ensuring all source files/copyright forms including Open Access licenses are submitted
- Exporting all files and metadata to the Journal Production system
- Ensuring the quality of copyediting and typesetting and recording issues as appropriate
- Marking up and validating author corrections
- Ensuring the final XML, PDF and image files are correct
- Delivering articles and issue online files to the IET Digital Library platform
This is a great role to develop your publishing experience and the successful candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent. You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and a high degree of literacy and numeracy, plus experience of using different IT packages within a working environment and ideally some publishing work experience, including internships. Attention to detail is crucial for this role as is a willingness to represent the journals at meetings. Knowledge of XML, experience of proofreading and/or publishing a distinct advantage.
For further details please forward your CV and a short letter of application outlining your interest, availability and salary expectations.