Our client is a world leading professional institution producing content to encourage a broader understanding of global economics and geopolitics. We are currently recruiting an Editorial Project Manager to join their team in Central London working in a hybrid working pattern 3 days a week in the office, and 2 days from home.
Reporting into the Head of Editorial Services, this is a crucial role with key responsibilities to include:
- Managing the production workflow from copy submission to editing, proofreading and publication
- Managing a team of 5 direct reports - mentoring, coaching and supporting career development within the team
- Coordinating the schedule of work with the research team and the editorial services team, ensuring content is delivered on time
- Supervising liaison with in-house designers, authors, contributors and freelancers during the production process
- Day to day management of the team's workflow and allocation of work
- Assess and redefine workflow processes to improve efficiency of the editorial team
- Oversee a high quality of copy editing and proofreading services across the organisation, updating house style guide where needed
The successful candidate will have exceptional editorial skills including copy editing, proofreading and editorial project management with experience of working in an editorial project management function. Experience in scheduling, resource management and project management is essential as well as some experience in line management. Finally, the ability to work with a range of external stakeholders and have difficult conversations with authors will be important in this role and in building strong relationships. An understanding or interest in international affairs would be an advantage in applying for this role.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.