Have you top-notch editorial skills, with a keen eye for detail and an interest in Education? We have an exciting new opportunity to join the team of a provider of editorial services to the educational publishing market as an Editorial Project Manager in their new business team, on a 6 month fixed term contract, with the potential to go permanent. Our client, a fast-growing company responsible for the editorial project management of educational resources, is looking for an Editorial Project Manager to join their fantastic team based across the UK (with their HQ in Gloucestershire). The position of Editorial Project Manager offers flexible, remote working, and the opportunity to join a leading publishing organisation.
As Editorial Project Manager, you will work on the company's expanding list of Education titles. Key aspects of the role include:
- To schedule and manage, with support, the editorial stages of publishing products, typically from manuscript through to final files, including briefing and managing external suppliers.
- To communicate effectively with publishing customers, providing regular project updates as well as participating in conference calls and/or attending meetings as appropriate.
- To ensure that all products are delivered on time, meet quality standards, fall within budget and are produced to the required specification.
- To collate proofs, conduct photo research, write artwork briefs, and clear text permissions where necessary.
- To support project management and delivery of digital content and work with hybrid onshore and offshore teams.
The ideal Editorial Project Manager will have impeccable editorial, communication and organisation skills and have previous digital publishing / editing experience. The Editorial Project Manager will be able to juggle different priorities and work well remotely, and collaboratively amongst a friendly, supportive team. Knowledge of the UK and/or international education system would be useful but not essential. To find out more about this exciting opportunity get in touch ASAP!
Inspired Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.