Book Production Coordinator
Salary: £21,073 - £28,837
Closing Date: Sunday 05 June 2022
Who is Emerald:
Emerald is a group of brands, compromising of Emerald Publishing, Emerald Works, and Emerald Group Solutions, all passionate about learning and empowering real change.
The group has evolved over the years into a dynamic, digital-first business employing over 400 people worldwide. All are driven by a common purpose to unlock talent and equip decision-makers with the evidence and tools to make smart choices and tackle real-world challenges.
Emerald Publishing - Emerald Publishing is a global publisher linking research and practice. It was founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that advance research and practice. Today we continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where we feel we can make a real difference. We publish over 350 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, via our dedicated research platform.
In a nutshell
We have an exciting opportunity for a Books Production Coordinator to join our Content Solutions Team where you will have overall management of a portfolio of books in line with Emerald’s standards of timely publication, quality, and customer service.
Day to day we’ll trust you to:
- Collaborate with the Emerald books commissioning team to manage the handover of titles from editorial into production
- Train, coach, and support the offshore book supplier project managers in the day-to-day activities of book production
- Complete an in-house proofing review before author proofs and a final proof review prior to publication
- Actively monitor supplier performance, providing constructive feedback
- Analyse errors, identify trends, and suggest solutions to improve quality standards
- Participate in department continuous improvement events including projects, workshops, and Kaizens to help improve workflows, processes, and policies.
You’ll need to have:
- Experience of coaching, negotiating with confidence, and ideally training or mentoring supplier teams
- Advanced organisation, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- In addition, relevant industry experience in a books publishing team is highly desirable.
It’s more than just skills and experience, this is what we’d like to see:
- A passion for continuous improvement and championing best practice
- An understanding of the changing landscape of academic publishing
- Proactive participation in projects that support Emerald’s mission
What kind of team you will be joining:
The team is passionate about the contribution they make to the Emerald books programme, and their working practices embody the Emerald values of excellence and ambition. With a good balance of autonomous working and team problem solving, the Book Production Coordinators are driven by purpose and pace, and their dedication and expertise contribute greatly to the success of Emerald’s award-winning books programme.
But don’t just take our word for it, this is what the team say:
"What I enjoy most about this role is the variety. No two books are the same, each project involves different tasks, and everyone we work with – whether that’s internal colleagues or external suppliers - is knowledgeable and helpful."
What’s in it for you?
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment with numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as flexible working, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution, a generous holiday allowance, life assurance and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We all know perfection is a myth, and life would be boring if we were all the same - that’s why individuality is one of our core values. So don’t scroll on by if you’re thinking you’re not an exact match. We value passion, engagement, and a new approach as much as skills and experience, so if you’re excited about working for Emerald, and have most of the key requirements, we’d love you to apply. We could be the perfect match!