Commissioning Lead - Cases
Would you be interested in joining an award-winning and innovative academic publisher with great benefits and flexible working?
We have a new vacancy at Emerald Publishing! A great opportunity for a Cases Lead to join us and play a leading role in our publishing team, working in partnership with our product team.
Our Yorkshire offices have now opened back up, but fully flexible working is our new norm. This means we are completely flexible on location.
Who Are Emerald?
Emerald Publishing is a global publisher linking research and practice. Founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that advance research and practice. Today, we continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where we feel we can make a real difference. We publish over 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, via our dedicated research platform. We are part of Emerald Group, a global learning organisation with a presence in 130 countries worldwide, bringing together Emerald Publishing and Emerald Works.
The Role & Team:
As Cases Lead within Emerald Publishing, you will be responsible for the strategic development of Emerald’s Teaching Cases Product portfolio, working with our product team, focused on bringing in new business to evolve Emerald’s publishing offer through licence and predominantly proprietary . You will also work closely with the wider Publishing team, expanding networks within relevant subject communities to support increased direct commissioning of content and services, and acting as an advocate for Emerald to ensure we are a leading voice for the case writing community.
We need someone who…
- Has proven academic publishing experience, working to strategic priorities and portfolio targets.
- Is confident networking and engaging with target researchers, faculty and associations, through a range of approaches including 1:1 discussions, presentations/webinars etc., to promote the case method
- Has excellent, proven relationship management/building skills, and an ability to work cross-functionally. Can identify opportunities to coach and support team members to ensure Emerald’s expectations are met.
- Can display proactive and innovative approaches to ways of working which maximises time and resource aligned to our growth strategies.
- Has the ability to create and own a strategic development plan, building a strong pipeline of cases content and other relevant digital content.
- Embraces innovation and new ways of working.
- Has excellent working knowledge of the rapidly evolving academic publishing environment Is comfortable working independently
The ideal candidate will be a team player who is proactive, enthusiastic and passionate about their subject communities, and who has the ability to inspire that passion in others. Someone who is solutions-driven and committed to the idea that research should help to provide answers to real world challenges within a teaching environment.
What the Team say…..
Working on cases is a fantastic opportunity to work on a key Emerald product as part of a dynamic and supportive cross functional team. Our focus on underrepresented communities and regions means we engage directly with case writers and teachers who are really innovative and passionate about their work. It's very rewarding to be able to see a direct link between your work and the learning experiences of the leaders of the future!
Within this role you will have the freedom to get involved in a wide range of projects, both departmental and business wide which will offer the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge. You will be trusted to work autonomously and encouraged to explore new ideas and ways of working.
** Please apply ASAP as interviews will start before the closing date and the advert may close earlier than listed**