Operational Excellence Analyst
Location: UK Flexible
Salary: £24000 - £25500
Closing Date: Sunday 30 January 2022
Are you a Content Operations professional looking for your next role?
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operational Excellence Analyst to join our team here at Emerald Publishing. Our Yorkshire office is currently closed, but even when it's back open, we are fully flexible on location and welcome applications from anywhere in the UK.
Who Are Emerald:
Emerald is a group of brands, compromising of Emerald Publishing, Emerald Works, and Emerald Group Solutions, all passionate about learning and empowering real change.
The group has evolved over the years into a dynamic, digital-first business employing over 400 people worldwide. All are driven by a common purpose to unlock talent and equip decision-makers with the evidence and tools to make smart choices and tackle real-world challenges.
Emerald Publishing - Emerald Publishing is a global publisher linking research and practice. It was founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that advance research and practice. Today, we continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where we feel we can make a real difference. We publish over 350 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies via our dedicated research platform.
Day to day we’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with Content Solutions colleagues to identify problem areas with suppliers and systems using process improvement and data analysis techniques
- Support the implementation of solutions across our platforms and standard operating procedures
- Collaborate with the Operational Excellence Managers on supplier management initiatives
- Participate in continuous improvement events including projects, workshops, and Kaizens to help improve workflows, processes, and policies
You’ll need to have:
- Knowledge and ability to work with Microsoft Excel and other MS Office applications
- Advanced analytical skills and confidence in coordinating multiple workstreams
- A working knowledge of XML would also be beneficial, but training can be given to the right candidate
It’s more than just skills and experience, this is what we’d like to see:
- You can take initiative, with the ability to work autonomously and to report back to the Content Solutions management team on progress against key milestones.
- You embrace and drive change in a fast-paced and continually evolving department
- You have excellent communication skills that allow you to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
What kind of team you will be joining:
The team operates in a very dynamic fast-paced environment, and is required to be able to react quickly in rapidly evolving situations. The team is required to undertake data driven analysis to help identify problems, and utilise this insight to highlight areas of concern, to design and implement solutions, and to continually improve processes and procedures. As an Operational Excellence Analyst you will be at the heart of this team, providing insight and suggesting course corrections to keep the overall publication production processes on track.
What’s in it for you?
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment with numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as flexible working, , up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution, a generous 30 day holiday allowance, life assurance and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.