Peer Review Editor
In a nutshell
We have an exciting opportunity for a Peer Review Editor to join our Content Solutions team where you will manage a portfolio of journals in line with peer review best practice.
What kind of team you will be joining:
It’s a dynamic and varied role, offering lots of opportunities to expand your skills. As well as that, being part of this team means being part of something special. Things are always busy, but you're always supported, and people will always pitch in and help.
Day to day we’ll trust you to:
- Use first line manager skills to train, coach, and support the supplier teams in core peer review tasks
- Act as the point of escalation for more complex queries, working directly with journal editors to resolve issues and provide best practise guidance and training as necessary
- Support journal Editorial teams with title development
- Use your expert knowledge and collaborate with colleagues in Publishing and Research Integrity to investigate rights issues, handle authorship disputes, and ensure good editorial practices across your portfolio
- Configure submission systems to support a streamlined publishing experience for authors and journal Editors
- Manage and implement strategic changes across a portfolio of titles in partnership with our Publishing teams
You’ll need to have:
- Experience of managing the peer review process for a journals portfolio
- Experience of working with remote teams and third-party suppliers
- Excellent analytical, organisation, and problem-solving skills
- Experience of working with submission systems, and preferably ScholarOne Manuscripts
- The ability to have strong working relationships with other departments
It’s more than just skills and experience, this is what we’d like to see:
- A mindset of continuous improvement, embracing innovation and new ways of working
- A passion for the academic publishing landscape, and the ability to translate this passion into supporting Emerald’s mission
What’s in it for you?
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment and we've been flexified so you can trust that we're a truly flexible workplace. You'll also have numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as 30 days annual leave, remote flexible working, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.
Emerald Group is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. If you would like to request any accommodations/adjustments from application through to interview stages, please complete the relevant section within the application or contact us at email@example.com and let us know.
About Emerald Group
Emerald is a group of brands, compromising of Emerald Publishing, Emerald Works, and Emerald Group Solutions, all passionate about learning and empowering real change.
The group has evolved over the years into a dynamic, digital-first business employing over 400 people worldwide. All are driven by a common purpose to unlock talent and equip decision-makers with the evidence and tools to make smart choices and tackle real-world challenges.