Location: UK - Flexible
Salary: £33,273 - £49,910
Closing Date: Thursday 08 September 2022
Who is Emerald:
Emerald is a group of brands, compromising of Emerald Publishing, Emerald Works, and Emerald Group Solutions, all passionate about learning and empowering real change.
The group has evolved over the years into a dynamic, digital-first business employing over 400 people worldwide. All are driven by a common purpose to unlock talent and equip decision-makers with the evidence and tools to make smart choices and tackle real-world challenges.
Emerald Publishing - Emerald Publishing is a global publisher linking research and practice. It was founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that advance research and practice. Today, we continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where we feel we can make a real difference. We publish over 350 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, via our dedicated research platform.
In a nutshell
We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Delivery Manager to join our Content Solutions team where you will be part of a team responsible for managing our global peer review, production, and print supplier base.
Day to day we’ll trust you to:
- Manage the operational relationship with the supplier base, ensuring KPIs are set, achieved, and maintained
- Implement a programme of strategic and operational projects that deliver benefit to our customers, focusing particularly on workflows and technology
- Drive efficiencies and cost savings via process improvement, change management, and through data-driven decisions
- Collaborate with product leads across journals, books, and case studies, translating needs into actions
You’ll need to have:
- Experience of managing Indian supplier teams with the ability to build strong relationships
- In-depth knowledge of publishing operations and content delivery
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- A good understanding of emerging supplier technologies aimed at promoting efficiencies
It’s more than just skills and experience, this is what we’d like to see:
- The ability to move between collaborative and autonomous working with ease
- A mindset of continuous improvement, embracing innovation and new ways of working
- A passion for the academic publishing landscape, and the ability to translate this passion into supporting Emerald’s mission
What kind of team you will be joining:
It’s a dynamic and varied role, offering lots of opportunities to expand your skills. As well as that, being part of this team means being part of something special. Things are always busy, but you're always supported, and people will always pitch in and help.
What’s in it for you?
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment with numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as flexible working, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution, a generous holiday allowance, life assurance and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We all know perfection is a myth, and life would be boring if we were all the same - that’s why individuality is one of our core values. So don’t scroll on by if you’re thinking you’re not an exact match. We value passion, engagement, and a new approach as much as skills and experience, so if you’re excited about working for Emerald, and have most of the key requirements, we’d love you to apply. We could be the perfect match!