Journals Manager: Peer Review and Production
Are you experienced in journals production and peer review and looking for your next role?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Journals Manager: Peer Review and Production to join our team here at Emerald Publishing. Our Yorkshire office is currently closed, but even when it is back open, we are fully flexible on location and welcome applications from anywhere in the UK.
Who Are Emerald:
Emerald is a group of brands, compromising of Emerald Publishing, Emerald Works, and Emerald Group Solutions, all passionate about learning and empowering real change.
The group has evolved over the years into a dynamic, digital-first business employing over 400 people worldwide. All are driven by a common purpose to unlock talent and equip decision-makers with the evidence and tools to make smart choices and tackle real-world challenges.
Emerald Publishing - Emerald Publishing is a global publisher linking research and practice. It was founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that advance research and practice. Today, we continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where we feel we can make a real difference. We publish over 370 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies via our dedicated research platform.
Day to day we’ll trust you to:
- Support your journals team to deliver article and issue publication targets against the department objectives of speed, quality, and customer service
- Champion best practice in peer review and production operations, ensuring that the performance of the global teams is in line with key performance indicators
- Collaborate with colleagues in Content Acquisition, Community Engagement, and Research Integrity to understand Editor and author needs and to ensure Emerald’s rights, permissions, and ethics policies are in line with industry best practice
- Take a leading role in researching and piloting new models and new technologies for peer review and production processes
- Chair internal Emerald working groups related to journal management and the journal publication process
You’ll need to have:
- Strong leadership qualities and line management experience
- The ability to think strategically and to translate a vision into an action plan
- Experience of journals publishing from both a peer review and production perspective
It’s more than just skills and experience, this is what we’d like to see:
- You can take the initiative and work autonomously, reporting back to the Head of Content Solutions on progress against key milestones.
- You embrace and drive change in a fast-paced and continually evolving department
- You have excellent communication skills that allow you to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
What kind of team you will be joining:
"Being part of this team means being part of something special. Things are always busy, but you're always supported, and people will always pitch in and help. Everybody will go the extra mile to get things done."
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment with numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as flexible working, 30 days holiday, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution, life assurance and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.