Location: UK flexible
Salary: £32,148 - £48,223
Closing Date: Thursday 21 October 2021
Would you be interested in joining an award-winning and innovative academic publisher?
We have a new vacancy at Emerald Publishing! A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Commissioning Editor, Business, Management, and Economics (BME)-Books to join us and play a key role in our Publishing Team.
Whilst our offices are now open again, we are fully flexible on location and are therefore open to those further out from West Yorkshire.
Who Are Emerald:
Emerald Publishing is a global publisher linking research and practice. Founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that advance research and practice. Today, we continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where we feel we can make a real difference. We publish over 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, via our dedicated research platform.
Part of Emerald Group, a global learning organisation with a presence in 130 countries worldwide, bringing together Emerald Publishing and Emerald Works.
The Role & Team:
As Senior Commissioning Editor, BME -Books within Emerald Publishing, you will be joining a dedicated Books team, managing and developing an allocated portfolio for commissioning, with a drive to heighten and showcase our program’s capacity to foreground projects that are diversifying and de-Westernising the geographic, cultural, and disciplinary range of perspectives reflecting on Responsible Management, and taking an holistic approach to our BME list as a whole. You will have advanced commissioning skills and knowledge of the BME areas, with an eye towards aligning our content with real world impact and the UN SDGs. Acting as coach and mentor for the team, and playing an active and strategic part of the wider team, you will work to ensure that Emerald is the ‘go to’ for our chosen communities.
We need someone who…
- Has proven publishing and commissioning experience, working to strategic priorities and portfolio targets.
- Can commission an annually agreed number of titles, consisting of monographs, edited collections, short form projects, and professional, low-priced content.
- Enjoys sharing their knowledge to support the development of others and is excited to coach and mentor less experienced team members in portfolio management, strategy, and editor relationship management
- Is passionate about research aligned to making real societal impact
- Has the drive to expand their sizeable existing network and act as an advocate for Emerald.
- Has the strategic ability to create and own a domain development plan, building a strong pipeline of books and digital content.
- Embraces innovation and new ways of working
- Has excellent, proven relationship building skills, and an ability to work in a matrixed environment.
- Has excellent working knowledge of the academic publishing environment.
Within this role you will have the freedom to lead and be involved in a wide range of projects which will offer the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge. You will have the space to grow and also shape your future progression within the team.
**Please apply ASAP as interviews will start before the closing date and the advert may close earlier than listed**