Sales and Marketing Manager
Europa Editions, based in Rome, New York, London, is looking to take on a sales and marketing manager in this newly-created key position in its UK office.
Our mission is to publish diverse international literature and build bridges between cultures.
Your role will be to oversee and implement domestic and export sales and marketing strategies under the direction of Europa’s Publisher.
Key parts of the role will be
- to manage the relationship with our sales and distribution partners.
- to maximize the visibility of our books in store and online.
- set sales targets for all our titles for all key accounts and be expected to budget and create innovative marketing plans for both high street and online sales.
- attend trade shows, conferences, and account meetings.
- cultivate relationships with booksellers throughout London and the UK to evaluate our sales effectiveness nationally. This will involve some travelling.
- conduct and manage internal sales meetings.
- Analyse market and sales data to optimise pricing and discounts.
- create reports and metrics to track overall strategies and manage stock levels.
- share our passion for bold, diverse and innovative publishing, and the ambitious plans our company has to expand its reach as a general trade publisher.
- are proactive, creative, enthusiastic, and efficient.
- are personable, and have a sense of humour.
- have outstanding negotiation and influencing skills.
- have good IT skills, can work with Microsoft Office and databases, have a knowledge of metadata and bibliographic management services.
- have excellent communication skills, spoken and on the page.
- able to communicate effectively across the various strands of the company, for example by sharing details of campaigns with the rest of the team.
- will need to visit our London office on a regular basis. There will be a degree of flexibility about where you work from depending on your circumstances.
- are likely to have at least three years relevant experience in a similar role with a general trade publisher or in bookselling. You will have thorough knowledge and experience in wholesale and retail marketing and sales techniques in the UK and export book industry.
The salary range is £30-35K.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com by 5th October 2020.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.