Inspired Search is delighted to be representing Southbank Investment Research, The Agora Companies' largest UK business on an exclusive basis to find their next Executive Director of Marketing for its growing business. A leader to help take their business to the next level - your goal is to turn a £10m business into a £30m business.
We are looking for a senior-level professional with an entrepreneurial spirit to lead the Marketing Team overseeing Customer Acquisition, Media Planning, Design, and Campaign Innovation and Execution. The ideal candidate must have significant direct response experience in consumer marketing and must be willingly to go against the status quo and be pushing boundaries. Southbank Investment Research is an idea business so constantly generating and pitching new ideas should be second nature. This candidate will challenge our thinking and push us to radically grow our revenue. Frankly, we need someone who isn't scared to get their hands dirty to get the job done.
Southbank Investment Research has spent the last three years building the business up from scratch; developing the product range, recruiting talented writers and thinkers, building an audience of over 30,000. That's just the beginning. The groundwork is done. Now we're scaling up. And we don't want to do it slowly. We're looking for the person who'll stamp on the accelerator pedal.
- Lead the implementation and testing of breakthrough marketing ideas, working with Directors and Producers of high quality, marketable financial ideas.
- Develop relationships and lead collaboration between all departments including Marketing, Copywriting, Editorial, and Operations.
- Develop plans and organisational structures for staffing needs based on vision.
- Cultivate creative marketing tests with Copywriters and Marketing Directors, help optimise production systems to handle a growing volume of promotional campaigns.
- Understand, analyse and incorporate data and good judgement in the decision-making process.
- Work with Publisher to create and develop new products to both bring in new customers and monetise the existing consumer base.
- This position requires an individual with a driven spirit with exceptional creative and communication skills.
- Someone that can dig into the numbers and is results oriented
- Demonstrated direct response marketing success with a passion for new trends in the direct response industry.
- Experience in the information publishing industry preferred.
- Experience working with a video/media/design team.
- A leader and team-builder with a proven ability to mentor creative thinking.
- Demonstrated writing experience in promotional copy preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-moving, multi-project environment.
- The ability to clearly communicate ideas, strategies and deadlines to team members.
- Strong management skills with a proven ability to drive projects to successful completion.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you! Please send your CV and covering letter to Esme Richardson at our retained search partner, Inspired Search explaining why you'd be great in this role!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.