A leading publisher of academic journals and books is looking to appoint an Executive Peer Review Manager to lead the UK Peer Review team. This is an amazing senior role with overall strategic vision for the entire team, and it would allow you to showcase your leadership skills and engage with the company's mission of disseminating high quality research.
This client offers hybrid or fully-remote working arrangements, and an array of fantastic benefits.
- Managing the Peer Review team and executing the strategy in line with departmental objectives, defining metrics for Peer Review Managers and Assistants and reporting on progress
- Ensuring authors, reviewers and editors receive the highest possible quality of peer review support across the division
- Working with other members of the senior management team to define the strategy and development for the global peer review team
- Growing your own team and playing an active role in the hiring, training and development of new members
- Championing best practice around ethical policies and other issues
- Managing the team's budget and allocating it for peer review activities
We are looking for candidates with:
- Solid knowledge of journal publishing and peer review processes
- Familiarity with publication ethics and industry best practice
- People management and team development skills
- Knowledge of peer review and submission systems such as ScholarOne or Editorial Manager
- Excellent stakeholder management
If this sounds like you, don't hesitate to get in touch! The closing date for applications is May 11th, so get in touch soon!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.