Faber and Faber is a leading independent literary publisher based in central London. We have a rich literary history dating back to the 1920s. Our list of authors includes Sally Rooney, Marina Hyde, Gary Younge, Max Porter, Akwaeke Emezi, Kazuo Ishiguro, Leïla Slimani, Tsitsi Dangarembga, Sebastian Barry, Rachel Cusk, and a backlist including the works of T. S. Eliot, Seamus Heaney, Sylvia Plath, William Golding and P. D. James among many others. Faber is also a supplier of sales and distribution services to independent publishers and has a market-leading creative writing school.
We are looking for a Commercial Manager to provide excellent and up-to-date financial analysis to Faber’s leadership team, in particular the Commercial Director and the CEO.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Informing business strategy through the provision and interpretation of both regular and ad hoc reports
- Providing analysis for, organising and attending performance review meetings
- Providing timely and accurate cash flow and profit forecasts to CEO and CD
- Leading on and delivering certain aspects of the annual budgeting process and any interim reforecasts
We're looking for a part or fully qualified accountant with a good understanding of the financials related to book publishing, excellent communication and organisational skills, and the ability to take a broad strategic overview as well as pay attention to detail.
This is a permanent, full-time position. The Commercial Manager will be largely based in our London office, but will be required to attend our Harlow office on a regular basis.
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000 per annum depending on experience.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply by sending a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference BS.
The closing date is 31st December 2023.
Faber has a staff of just over 140, based across our offices in Hatton Garden (London) and Harlow. We want all our staff to have the best possible, most positive and enjoyable experience while working at Faber.
Our benefits include:
- Access to Faber titles (including regular staff book clubs), discounted Independent Alliance titles
- Minimum of 28 days’ holiday per year
- Five days per year for volunteering work of your choice
- Full subscription to the Headspace meditation app
- Season-ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work vouchers
- Subsidised eye tests
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection insurance
- Access to online GP and advisory services
We welcome applications from any individual regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age. All applications will be considered on merit.
Please note that all personal information which we process in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our Data Protection Privacy Notice at https://faber.co.uk/data-protection-privacy and our Data Protection Policy at https://faber.co.uk/data-protection-policy. Please read our Data Protection Privacy Notice and Data Protection Policy before submitting your application.