6 month fixed-term contract
Salary circa £25,000 per annum
Faber is a leading independent literary publisher. We publish a diverse range of high-profile authors such as Kazuo Ishiguro, Anna Burns, Sally Rooney, Leïla Slimani, Tsitsi Dangarembga, Orhan Pamuk, Sebastian Barry, Laura Lippman, Lenny Henry, Luke Harding, Melissa Harrison and Amelia Gentleman, and we have a backlist containing the works of T. S. Eliot, Seamus Heaney, Sylvia Plath and William Golding, among many others.
We are looking for a highly organised and enthusiastic individual to join the Faber Contracts team as Contracts Assistant for a 6 month fixed-term period. This role is suitable for someone looking to start a career in publishing and the ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in contracts, a good eye for detail and will be confident in managing a high volume of administrative work.
This role, will provide key support to the Contracts Manager and Contracts Director.
- To draft and negotiate, under supervision, simple contractual agreements and addenda including sub-rights contracts.
- Processing contracts for signature through DocuSign and uploading new signed contracts onto Biblio database.
- Accurately updating contracts area in Biblio database.
- Chasing up unsigned contracts on a regular basis and maintaining internal spreadsheets and other record keeping.
- Perform other administrative tasks in relation to the contracts process and to provide general support to the Contracts Manager and Contracts Director.
- To check, and under supervision, negotiate and amend publisher release forms.
- To liaise with the Royalties and Rights departments and assist with queries.
- To deal with queries from Editorial department, and from authors and agents.
- Excellent standard of spoken and written English.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Some office based work experience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A team player who is keen to learn and has a desire to work in Publishing.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Interest in copyright and contract law desirable but not essential.
- Experience using Biblio system desirable but not essential.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to the Recruiting Manager on CA@faberrecruitment.co.uk quoting reference BS 05. The closing date for applications is the 29th September 2021.
We welcome applications from any individual regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age. All applications will be considered on merit.
Please note that all personal information which we process in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our Data Protection Privacy Notice athttps://faber.co.uk/data-protection-privacy and our Data Protection Policy athttps://faber.co.uk/data-protection-policy. Please read our Data Protection Privacy Notice and Data Protection Policy before submitting your application.