Faber is a leading independent literary publisher. We publish a diverse range of high-profile authors such as Kazuo Ishiguro, Anna Burns, Sally Rooney, Leïla Slimani, Tsitsi Dangarembga, Orhan Pamuk, Sebastian Barry, Laura Lippman, Lenny Henry, Luke Harding, Melissa Harrison and Amelia Gentleman, and we have a backlist containing the works of T. S. Eliot, Seamus Heaney, Sylvia Plath and William Golding, among many others. Faber is also a supplier of sales and distribution services to independent publishers and has a market-leading creative writing school.
We are looking for a highly organised individual to join the Faber Contracts team as Contracts Assistant for a 12-month fixed-term period. This role is suitable for someone with a genuine interest in contracts, a good eye for detail and who will be confident in managing a high volume of administrative work.
This role will provide key support to the Acting Head of Contracts and Contracts Executive.
- To draft and negotiate, under supervision, simple contractual agreements and addenda including sub-rights contracts and where required, head contracts.
- Processing contracts for signature through DocuSign and uploading new signed contracts onto Biblio database.
- Accurately updating contracts area in Biblio database.
- Chasing up unsigned contracts on a regular basis and maintaining internal spreadsheets and other record keeping.
- Perform other administrative tasks in relation to the contracts process and to provide general support to the Acting Head of Contracts and Contracts Executive.
- To check, and under supervision, negotiate and amend publisher release forms.
- To liaise with the Royalties and Rights departments and assist with queries.
- To deal with queries from Editorial department, and from authors and agents.
Key skill and characteristics:
- Excellent standard of spoken and written English.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Some office based work experience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A team player who is keen to learn and has a desire to work in Publishing.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Interest in copyright and contract law desirable but not essential.
- Experience using Biblio system desirable but not essential.
While the Faber offices are based in London, we are open to remote working for this role. This is a full-time position.
Salary: £26,350 per annum
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref BS.
The closing date is Sunday 31st July 2022.
Faber has a staff of just over 120, based across our offices in Bloomsbury Square, London, and Harlow. We want all our staff to have the best possible, most positive and enjoyable experience while working at Faber.
Our benefits include:
-Access to Faber titles (including regular staff book clubs), discounted Independent Alliance titles
-Minimum of 28 days’ holiday per year
-Five days per year for volunteering work of your choice
-Full subscription to the Headspace meditation app
-Subsidised eye tests
-Generous pension scheme
-Life assurance and income protection insurance
-Access to online GP and advisory services
We welcome applications from any individual regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age. All applications will be considered on merit.
Please note that all personal information which we process in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our Data Protection Privacy Notice athttps://faber.co.uk/data-protection-privacy and our Data Protection Policy athttps://faber.co.uk/data-protection-policy. Please read our Data Protection Privacy Notice and Data Protection Policy before submitting your application.