£28,000 - 35,000 depending on skills and experience.
Faber is one of the world’s leading independent publishers and this is a brilliant opportunity to work across a list which includes authors such as Marina Hyde, Gary Younge, Lenny Henry, QI, Dean Burnett, Sara Pascoe, Sam Knight, Katherine Rundell, Samantha Irby, Kazuo Ishiguro, Leïla Slimani, Tsitsi Dangarembga, Teju Cole, Sebastian Barry, and a heritage backlist including the works of T. S. Eliot, Seamus Heaney, Sylvia Plath, William Golding and P. D. James among many others.
The Faber Marketing Department is looking to recruit a Marketing Executive or Manager. Working primarily, but not exclusively, on campaigns across our non-fiction list, this is a role for a creative and capable marketer who is excited by the idea of working on a diverse list of literary and commercial publishing. You’ll be experienced in running ambitious and original campaigns as well as presenting your ideas in author meetings and pitches, an effective copywriter who is easily able to communicate your design vision, an innovative digital marketer, and somebody who can identify audiences and knows how best to reach them. Working in a busy team, this is a job for a resourceful marketer who can plan and implement innovative campaigns for our books and authors. An interest in our heritage authors would be an advantage.
- Planning and implementing campaigns for a range of adult non-fiction and heritage authors titles
- Producing trade sell-in materials such as proofs, presenters and point of sale
- Working with a media agency to plan effective advertising campaigns
- Collaborating closely with publicity and sales colleagues to deliver joined-up campaigns which drive sales
- Briefing and project-managing freelance designers to produce a wide range of content
- Managing campaign spend ensuring activity is delivered on time and within budget
- Writing copy for book proofs, advertising and print materials
- Planning and implementing social media advertising campaigns
- Presenting ideas and campaign plans internally and externally
- Other duties within the department as required eg pitching for new acquisitions
- Author pitches and acquisition plans
- Representing marketing in publishing strategy meetings
- All elements of marketing campaigns including online and OOH advertising, briefing assets graphics, animations and films, organising partnerships, producing selling materials, proof briefing, copywriting, social media marketing and trade marketing.
This is a full-time position based in our London office though we do accommodate hybrid working.
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting BS by Sunday 9th October 2022.
Faber has a staff of just over 130, based across our offices in Bloomsbury Square, London, and Harlow. We want all our staff to have the best possible, most positive and enjoyable experience while working at Faber.
Our benefits include:
-Access to Faber titles (including regular staff book clubs), discounted Independent Alliance titles
-Minimum of 28 days’ holiday per year
-Five days per year for volunteering work of your choice
-Full subscription to the Headspace meditation app
-Subsidised eye tests
-Generous pension scheme
-Life assurance and income protection insurance
-Access to online GP and advisory services
We welcome applications from any individual regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age. All applications will be considered on merit.
Please note that all personal information which we process in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our Data Protection Privacy Notice athttps://faber.co.uk/data-protection-privacy and our Data Protection Policy athttps://faber.co.uk/data-protection-policy.
Please read our Data Protection Privacy Notice and Data Protection Policy before submitting your application.