Book Distribution Coordinator
Hours 5 days – 40 hours a week Monday – Friday
Salary £25,000 per annum
How to Apply Send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Who We Are
Fane specialises in producing and curating spoken word events, bringing the most exciting names in culture and entertainment to audiences around the world. We also run the UK’s most loved book subscription service, LoveMyRead.
A Culture of Equality and Creativity
At Fane we strive to create a working environment that promotes and values diversity; where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work in a creative and safe space. We are committed to equal opportunities and to building a more inclusive team that reflects the communities we serve.
There is more work to be done and we endeavour to continuously make progress, hold ourselves accountable and grow, both as a business and as individuals.
A huge part of what Fane does involves selling books, be that for events, partnerships, or our book subscription service LoveMyRead. We are looking for an enthusiastic Book Distribution Coordinator to manage a wealth of stock in our ever-expanding distribution department.
The ideal candidate is highly organised, communicative, methodical, and passionate about getting books into the hands of the reader. Publishing and event experience is not essential, and you will be part of a creative, friendly, motivated, and supportive team. With access to all the stock in the Fane book hub, as well as exclusive live and online events, this role would be perfect for someone with a love of reading and entertainment. Fane has a culture that rewards staff highly and offers quick career progression for those who seek it.
Based in London near Finsbury Park, you will work from the Fane book hub 5 days a week.
- Plan, manage and control the warehouse activities to maximize support for the Fane Online events, book subscription services, online bookstore, and partnerships
- Assist with curating books sold via all e-commerce platforms
- Maintaining computerised administration and stock inventory
- Effectively liaise with our third-party delivery services to plan collections from the warehouse and ensure all deliveries arrive with customers in a timely manner
- Work closely with the Customer Service team on all customer queries about shipping, resolving issues quickly
Required Experience/ Skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a calm and efficient manner
- Excellent at multitasking; ability to switch between administrative and practical tasks is essential
- Ability to organise, manage time and plan how busy periods will run in the warehouse
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience of working in a warehouse environment, or similar
- A love of books
- Understanding of the bookselling industry
- Proof of Health and Safety or Warehouse safety training
- Experience of working in distribution
More About Fane
Fane specialises in producing and curating spoken word events, bringing the most exciting names in culture and entertainment to audiences around the world. The company was founded in 2017 to provide a high-quality platform where established and emerging talent can promote their work. It has since established itself as the partner of choice for a range of publishers and individual authors and podcasters. Fane prides itself on creating unique events that tap into the conversations of the moment. From intimate virtual Q&As to UK-wide theatre tours and large-scale launches, Fane’s line-up offers something for everyone. In 2020, following four years of sold-out live events for talent including Margaret Atwood, Malala Yousafzai, Grayson Perry, The Receipts Podcast and Dame Judi Dench, Fane launched an online arm that has revolutionised the way virtual book events are delivered. It has since established a 100,000-strong newsletter mailing list, a global network of bookers, and a far more diverse programme than previously possible. All future live events will be offered as a hybrid model to ensure the programme is as accessible as possible to audiences. The current line-up can be found here.