Are you an experienced field sales professional with experience in publishing sales or bookselling, looking for a broader sales role, an interesting customer base with a passion for consultative sales? We have a super new field sales role, working with a major international academic publisher.
This role will involve selling to Bookshops in Scotland, North East England and Ireland (both north and south) and is a home-based role, generating new business as well as maintaining strong working relationships with existing customers.
Reporting to the Head of UK Books Sales, you will be based in territory with experience from a similar background.
Key responsibilities will involve:
- Maintaining existing accounts with key customers and providing a tailored service to those customers
- Regularly visiting key customers within your territory with the aim of increasing existing and developing new business, using consultative sales techniques and offering tailored and added value solutions
- Selling in new titles to accounts on a regular sales cycle and increasing stock holding of backlist titles
- Analyse sales figures, run reports and communicate with customers
- Liaise with colleagues in other sales teams (filed-based and internal) to ensure textbook adoption information is provided
- Attend and contribute to UK and international sales meetings to build product knowledge
This role will be home-based and the successful person will have a proven track record in a sales environment, ideally from a publishing, retail or bookselling background and happy to work in a field sales role. You will be highly motivated with a consultative sales technique, and exceptional negotiation and communication skills.
This position offers a generous basic salary, with a bonus, plus an excellent benefits package and company car.
For further details please send your CV and salary expectations.