Due to a recent re-organisation within the business, a highly successful B2B publisher based in London is looking for an experienced Finance Manager to join their finance team in London. We are looking for a proactive, driven and qualified finance professional who is able to control the finances of the business and become involved in other commercial and operational aspects as the company grows.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Finance Manager will assume responsibility for the financial policies and control process for the organisation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for weekly and monthly management accounts
- Responsibility for the financial policies and control process
- Maintenance of the payables’ ledger and appropriate coding
- Responsibility for payment runs and supplier reconciliations
- Work with outsourced accountants and payroll bureau
- Responsibility for tax returns, annual reporting, VAT returns, corporation tax and variance analysis
- Creating detailed forecast and budgets for strategic decision making
This is a varied and busy finance role where you will work across all departments in the company and the successful person will be:
- Qualified or part-qualified (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) but actively studying (CCAB or equivalent)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make informed decisions based on data presented
- Proven accounts payable and/or accounts receivable experience with good all-round accounts experience
- A strong communicator; someone who is able to summarise and communicate accounting problems in layman’s terms
- Flexible, with a strong work ethic
The successful person will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the ongoing growth and success of this business – no 2 days are the same! If you like variety as well as getting involved in the commercial aspects outside of finance this could be the role you have been looking for.
In return our client offers a generous salary and company benefits package, with the opportunity to grow within an expanding accounts team.
For further details please send your CV and a short cover note, with your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org