Senior Account Executive
Start Date: November 2021 (subject to availability)
Working Hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week, including lunch break)
Salary: £26,000 – £28,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Probation: 3 months from the start date
Location: In the office Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in Farringdon, London and remote working Thursday and Friday.
Holidays: 25 days per annum plus all UK public and bank holidays
Pension: Flint Culture offers a workplace pension plan with Royal London currently with 5% employee and 3% employer contributions
Benefits: 1 charity day a year, £150.00 annual arts and culture budget and corporate gym membership
Flint Culture is an award-winning communications consultancy that specialises in the cultural and creative industries. We deliver campaigns worldwide through offices in London, Dubai, Istanbul and Delhi supported by an international network of Associates. Our work is driven by specialist expertise, regional insights and a belief in the value of culture.
We are seeking an ambitious and proactive Senior Account Executive to join our London team. The role requires a highly organised team player with excellent attention to detail and strong verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate will have proven communications experience within an arts organisation or PR agency, a genuine passion for arts and culture and
an excellent understanding of the media and digital communications. The role is instrumental to the agency and sits at the centre of campaigns across the arts and culture sectors, including but not limited to commercial galleries, museums, art fairs, public institutions and contemporary art platforms.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivering strategic media and promotional campaigns for clients
- Acting as a point of contact for clients and building client relationships
- Creating and editing press releases, media lists and publicity strategies
- Pitching and responding to journalist requests and enquiries
- Media monitoring and collating coverage and campaign reports
- Managing social media channels
- Working at client events, private views, photocalls, press offices and launches
- Liaising with and managing external freelancers and agencies
- Building and strengthening relationships with the UK and international media
- Liaising with stakeholders in the corporate, events and culture sectors
- Supporting Account Managers and Directors on campaigns
- Contributing to prospective client campaign proposals and meetings
- Contributing to Flint Culture’s social media channels (content creation and
- Assisting with the supervision of interns
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum 2 years experience in a communications role, either within an arts or literary organisation or PR agency
- Experience in managing social media platforms (including Twitter and Instagram) and working with social influencers
- Excellent copywriting and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail
- Interest in the arts with a particular focus on literature and publishing
- Ability to work well on own initiative and within a team
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and multitask within a busy environment
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to attend evening and weekend events where necessary
- An arts-related degree, BA or MA
- IT skills to include Photoshop and Mac software
- Ability to construct and implement digital strategies
- Experience working with external agencies, including designers, marketing teams and agencies
- Experience working on digital events
- Languages desirable
- A network of journalist contacts in arts and publishing and an understanding of the media landscape
How to apply
To apply for the role, please provide a CV and covering letter demonstrating how your skills and experience meet the role’s requirements to:
Chantal Lane at email@example.com.
Please state Senior Account Executive in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is 12 pm on Friday 29 October 2021.
First interviews: will take place on Tuesday 2 November 2021 via video call.
Second interviews: will take place during the w/c 8 November 2021 via video call.