Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract: Full-Time, Permanent
Working Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week, including lunch break). We have a flexi-time policy in place.
Salary: £45,000 -£50,000 per annum ( depending on experience )
Probation: 3 months
Location: Hybrid model with three days at our Farringdon office and two days working from home.
Holidays: 25 days per annum plus all UK public and bank holidays. In addition, the agency currently operates discretionary closure of at least a week over Christmas and the New Year, in addition to staff leave entitlement.
Pension: Flint Culture offers a workplace pension plan with Royal London currently with 5% employee and 3% employer contributions after passing a 3-month probation period
Benefits (post probation):
- Bonus scheme: Flint Culture operates both a business performance and discretionary bonus scheme
- Corporate gym membership
- 1 charity day per annum
- Enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Shared Parental Leave Policy
- Arts and culture events and activities budget - to the value of £150 per annum
- Individual professional development budget
- Days off in lieu of weekends worked
- PRCA individual corporate membership
- Museums Association corporate membership
You will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Flint Culture is an award-winning communications consultancy that specialises in the cultural and creative industries. We deliver campaigns worldwide through offices in London, Dubai, Istanbul and Delhi, supported by an international network of Associates. Our work is driven by specialist expertise, regional insights and a belief in the value of culture.
We seek a commercially minded and accomplished Account Director from the publishing and literary sector to join our London team. Passionate about the arts and an enthusiasm for all things cultural. You will oversee and lead the delivery of a portfolio of accounts and ensure that campaigns are delivered with exceptional service. You will also work collaboratively with the senior team to contribute toward business development in the London office.
Our ideal candidate will have experience managing multiple clients and delivering brilliant campaign results with strong communication and relationship management skills. They will have an excellent understanding of the media a strong industry network, and contacts with senior journalists and members of the press across the UK and internationally. A team player who is highly organised and motivated with a proven track record in leadership and an ability to train, guide and motivate a team made up of managers and executives.
The role is instrumental to the agency and sits at the centre of campaigns across the cultural and creative industries, including contemporary art, heritage, performing arts, literature, design and architecture and film. Current clients include The Bodleian Libraries, Manchester Musuem, The Auckland Project, The Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA), The Folio Society, The Sheikh Zayed Book Award, The South Bank, and The Story Museum.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning and implementing strategic communications campaigns for clients, including media relations, digital strategy and stakeholder engagement
- Maintain strong client relationships, ensuring efficient and regular client liaison
- Oversee the creation and editing of campaign collateral including communications plans, press releases and media lists
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with UK and international media
- Make recommendations to clients regarding their digital activity and online presence, including website copy, social media content, influencer engagement, digital marketing etc.
- Manage partner and stakeholder relationships
- Direct client events e.g. private views, photocalls and run on-site press offices
- Deliver national and international press trips
- Manage campaign contracting and budgets
- Manage multi-person teams across each project, ensuring effective delegation and sharing of responsibilities
- Establish best practice, working with the Account Manager team to implement the most efficient processes across the agency
- Act as the key point of liaison between the Account Manager team and Senior Leadership team
- Line manage junior members of staff with support in the form of professional training
New business development
- Develop and maintain senior-level relationships with industry influencers, creating networks across the creative industries
- Contribute to new business activity, including:○ Identifying and developing new business opportunities through networking and research
- Directing the creation of compelling new business proposals
- Participating in client pitches and presentations
- Develop expertise allowing the agency to deliver additional specialist services through internal training or cultivation of external contacts
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum 4 years experience in a communications role, ideally within the creative industries or relevant PR agency. Please note we encourage applications from communications professionals working outside of the culture sector but with a passion for arts and culture.
- Demonstrable experience in client and team leadership
- Ability to develop and implement measurable and ambitious press campaigns, integrating digital and social media strategy
- Experience in working with and influencing national and international, consumer and specialist print and broadcast journalists to achieve positive media coverage
- Experience in working with external stakeholders and partners, e.g. sponsors, exhibitors and project partners
- Experience in using media monitoring and media databases
- Superb written and verbal communication skills with strong copywriting and editing skills
- Excellent organisation and time management, with the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and multitask within a busy environment
- Determined, proactive, and works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to attend evening and weekend events where necessary
- An arts-related degree, BA or MA
- IT skills to include Photoshop and Mac software
- Experience planning and implementing digital marketing strategies encompassing the following key areas of expertise:
○ Paid Social
○ Display advertising
○ Paid Search
○ Search Engine Optimisation
- Languages desirable
How to apply
To apply for the role, please provide a CV and cover letter demonstrating how your skills and experience meet the role’s requirements to:
Chantal Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state Account Director in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is 10 am on Friday, 6th October 2023
First interviews: will take place on Monday, 2 October 2023 - Tuesday, 10 October 2023 via video call or in person
Second interview: will take place during the w/c 9 and 16 October 2023 in person.
We actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, skills and stories to join us and influence and develop our working practice. We are particularly keen to hear from candidates from Asian, Black or ethnically diverse backgrounds and candidates who self-identify as disabled. All candidates who self-identify as disabled who demonstrate that they meet the essential criteria will be invited for an interview. Flint Culture is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and sexual orientation.