Marketing and Publicity Manager
Who we are and what we do
Nobrow/ Flying Eye is an innovative, award-winning, independent publisher of illustrated books based in East London. Our list publishes titles spanning non-fiction, gift, graphic novels, fiction and picture books. Since 2008 we have sought to make great design, ground-breaking art and storytelling central to all our books. We put a great emphasis on beautiful production values and environmental consciousness, we believe in making books that deserve to be printed with stories and art that leaves a lasting impression from diverse creators.
Who we’re looking for
Flying Eye Books is seeking a creative, organised, and confident Marketing and Publicity Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at a vibrant and dynamic independent publishing house. Flying Eye Books was founded in 2013 with a focus on bringing beautiful design and illustration to children’s storytelling and non-fiction. Since its inception, FEB has published award-winning titles including Shackleton’s Journey, The Secret of Black Rock and nurtured brands including Hilda and Professor Astro Cat, earning renown amongst booksellers, teachers, librarians and readers and we are looking for someone with enthusiasm and knowledge to build upon this.
Your key duties:
Working as a key part of our Sales, Marketing and Publicity team, you will play a leading role in connecting readers with our books as well as driving brand awareness, interest and sales across all areas of activity.
Your responsibilities will include:
- planning and delivering innovative, impactful marketing and publicity campaigns for our new publications
- promoting our lists including award-winning backlist titles and established brands
- coordinating presence at and attending events
- managing a marketing budget, ensuring that spend is effective and good value
- working with our Head of Sales & Marketing to build awareness of our publications within the book trade, and identifying and maximising sales opportunities
- continuing to develop and strengthen the Flying Eye Books brand
Skills and essential requirements:
- 4+ years relevant experience, preferably in an arts/ publishing organisation
You will be an experienced publicist with a proven track-record of creating commercially impactful and consumer focused children’s fiction and non-fiction campaigns
- Organised, confident and imaginative, with excellent contacts across the media, you will be comfortable managing multiple campaigns simultaneously
- You should have some experience of managing junior team members and briefing colleagues and freelancers
- This role requires an ability to prioritise tasks, work calmly under pressure, be a strong team player, and possess exceptional communication skills
- You will be happy to attend events across the country as needed and occasionally working outside of office hours to facilitate these
Competitive salary dependent on experience
Place of Work: Our office is located in London Fields, Hackney E8
To apply for this role please email Harry@nobrow.net with the subject line ‘Marketing and Publicity Manager’ by 12th August 2022.