Marketing and Publicity Manager
Who we are and what we do:
Flying Eye Books is an innovative, award-winning, independent publisher of children’s illustrated books based in East London. We publish a wide range of titles spanning non-fiction, gift, graphic novels, fiction and picture books from a diverse and global base of Authors and Artists. We have always sought to make great design, ground-breaking art and storytelling central to all our books and place a great emphasis on high production values aligned with environmental consciousness.
Who we’re looking for:
Flying Eye Books is seeking a creative, organised and confident Marketing and Publicity Manager to plan, implement and manage successful marketing campaigns across our growing list of children’s books.
Your key duties:
Working closely with our Head of Sales, you will manage a team of three and play a leading role in connecting readers with our books as well as driving brand awareness, interest and sales across all areas of activity.
Your responsibilities will include:
- planning and delivering innovative, impactful marketing campaigns for our new publications
- promoting our award-winning backlist titles
- coordinating presence at and attending Trade events in both the UK and the US
- working closely with creators to implement campaigns and organise events such as signings, conference appearances, book launches etc
- budget management, ensuring spend is effective and good value
- working closely with the Head of Sales to identify and maximise sales opportunities
Skills and essential requirements:
- 4+ years relevant experience, preferably in an arts/ publishing organisation with a proven track-record of creating commercially impactful and consumer focused children’s fiction and non-fiction campaigns
- Organised, confident and imaginative, with excellent contacts across the media, you will be comfortable managing multiple campaigns simultaneously
- This role requires an ability to prioritise tasks, work calmly under pressure, be a strong team player, and possess exceptional communication skills
- You will be happy to attend events in the US and UK as needed, occasionally working outside of office hours to facilitate these
Please send a CV with a cover letter telling us why you would like to work for us.
Competitive salary dependent on experience in range of £30,000 – £35,000
Place of Work: Our office is located in London Fields, Hackney E8
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Marketing Manager’ by 18th October. .