Calling all Publicist freelancers in TRADE publishing we need you !! Are you free for an immediate start? Remote Working!
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Publicity Freelancer to join a London based trade & academic publisher to manage publicity campaigns for their non-fiction titles of arts and lifestyles. Working on both front and back list of design, art, lifestyle and gifts titles, the role will focus on creating effective publicity campaigns to ensure media coverage.
Reporting into the Publicity Manager, and working closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications, and with a wider Marketing team, the Publicist will be responsible for:
- Planning and implementing publicity campaigns for a fantastic range of non-fiction titles
- Acting as main point of contact for authors, ensuring the highest level of author care
- Writing press releases, and create other press collateral such as PR plans, image sheets, social media, blog and newsletter content
- Assisting with the organisation of a calendar of author events, including book launches, festivals and tours
- Maintaining a good network of contacts across editors, journalists, reviewers, bloggers and press contacts to ensure the best press coverage
This is an amazing role for a pro-active and creative individual, with a strong sense of publicity and a track record of working on print and online publicity campaigns. The ideal candidate with have a good understanding of how to provide author care , how to work on book PR plans, and how to communicate effectively with press, influencers and authors.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.