Editor Outreach Specialist
We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet
Who we are
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
Are you motivated by ambitious goals and enjoy communicating with scientists? Would you like to bring your resilience and target focused approach into Frontiers’ mission of making science open? We are seeking an enthusiastic and target-driven professional for a full-time position of Editor Outreach Specialist.
Our Editor Outreach Specialists profile academic experts for editorial positions for the Frontiers journal series and reach out to them to explain the role with the aim of bringing them on board. This job opportunity requires customer focus, persuasion skills and integrity. The position will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to be part of a new team in a fast growing publishing company and contribute to the scientific community recruiting the best editors, adding excellent value to the dissemination of Open Science.
Reporting to the Editor Outreach Manager and working closely with other editorial staff, the position will involve identifying and recruiting new editorial board members as well as managing the daily communications with editors on behalf of the editorial office.
Our office is located in London, however remote working options are available for candidates across the UK.
- Support the Editor Outreach Manager in expanding the editorial boards of Frontiers journals, in particular recruiting new editors.
- Liaising with internal teams on editor recruitment strategies
- Profiling researchers and identifying suitable editorial board candidates
- Monitoring progress to targets related to editorial board expansion sending reminders and resolving delays.
- Suggesting process improvements or platform developments.
- A degree or higher with a keen interest in dissemination of research
- Related work experience in a commercial or academic environment, experience in STM or Academic publishing would be beneficial but is not essential
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English, including excellent telephone manner and high attention to detail
- Ability to work to ambitious targets, meet tight deadlines and prioritize varied workload under pressure
- Flexibility and ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work independently and make thoughtful decisions
- Strong administration skills and fluent proficiency with MS Office applications
What we Offer
With over 50 nationalities across seven locations around the world, we are certainly a diverse company. You will have the opportunity to work with teammates in other offices, as well as with researchers, editors, and authors from across the globe.
- 25 annual leave days + 4 well-being days
- Participation in the annual company bonus scheme
- Flexible working framework and remote working opportunities across the United Kingdom
- Extensive learning opportunities through our LinkedIn Learning partnership
- 3 volunteer days through our online platform
- Access to Headspace app
- Online Yoga classes
Your application must include:
1. A cover letter and CV
2. The indication of your earliest availability
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.