We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet.
Who we are
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than one billion views and downloads and two million citations.
Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment and a variety of responsibilities? If so, we are looking for Submissions Specialists to join our team highly successful Publishing team. This is an exciting role at Frontiers where you will play an important part in the growth of our company. Reporting to the Submissions Manager, you will be responsible for driving high-quality submissions to a portfolio of Frontiers journals through the development of themed article collections.
We currently have positions available across all of our portfolios: Biological Sciences and Sustainability, Brain & Data and Analytical Sciences, Health and Biomedicine, HSS & Life Sciences or Physical Sciences and Engineering.
Our office is located in London, however remote working options are available for candidates across the UK.
- Manages the operations of all article collections according to standard operating procedures, while integrating new approaches and experiments into the workflows
- Monitors and analyzes data to understand submission dynamics and develops new initiatives to drive submission growth
- Achieves own personal submissions targets, in line with company expectations
- Collaborates with internal departments to ensure the efficiency and scalability of commissioning operations
- Supports the training of new team members as needed
- Reports to the Submissions Manager and supports the Journal Manager in executing their strategic vision for the journal
You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will enable you to liaise and develop relationships with authors and team members.
- A target driven mindset and the ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to influence and negotiate skills
- Active listening skills
- Able to prioritize varied workload under pressure
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment
- Adaptability and problem-solving skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems will be a plus
- Professional experience in the publishing industry may be preferable
What we Offer
With over 50 nationalities across seven locations around the world, we are certainly a diverse company. You will have the opportunity to work with teammates in other offices, as well as with researchers, editors, and authors from across the globe.
- 25 annual leave days + 4 well-being days
- Participation in the annual company bonus scheme
- Flexible working framework and remote working opportunities across the United Kingdom
- Extensive learning opportunities through our LinkedIn Learning partnership
- 3 volunteer days through our online platform
- Access to Headspace app
- Online Yoga classes
Your application must include:
- A CV and cover letter*
- The indication of your earliest availability
*Please indicate in your cover letter your preferred portfolio(s). You are welcome to choose more than one:
- Biological Sciences and Sustainability
- Brain & Data and Analytical Sciences
- Health and Biomedicine
- HSS & Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences and Engineering
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination - including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.