Editor Outreach Manager
We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet
Who we are
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
We are seeking a driven and target-oriented professional for the role of Editor Outreach Manager. This role provides an excellent opportunity to be a part of our growth plan and will be instrumental in achieving our mission to make science open.
You will be responsible for ensuring the success of our editor outreach strategy, recruiting top quality editors for editorial positions across the Frontiers journal series. You will contribute to the development of new strategies including profiling academic experts and effective communication with Editors. You will also recruit, train, and look after the development of a team of Editor Outreach Specialists within the Publishing Development department.
- Drive high quality editors’ recruitment and accountable for meeting editorial boards expansion targets and objectives.
- Accurate reporting on editors’ recruitment progress to targets, timely flagging of issues and identifying actions to resolve them
- Support the Head of Program in assessing workload across the Editor Outreach Team and allocate resources effectively
- Make recommendations for internal process optimization to ensure team efficiency and productivity
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure efficiency and scalability of editors’ recruitment operations
- Lead an Editor Outreach Team, responsible for overall Editor Outreach Team performance, recruitment and training of new team members and their continued development.
- Demonstrated experience in people management
- Target driven and business focused
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Collaborative and professional
- Proactive, solution oriented
- Aptitude for digesting large amounts of information, and reacting effectively to urgent situations
- Ability to work independently, be highly organized and meet deadlines
- Proven experience in process optimization would be a plus
- Professional experience in the publishing industry may be preferable
Your application must include:
1. A cover letter and CV
2. The indication of your earliest availability
With more than 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will work regularly with teammates in other countries, and with our community of researchers, editors, and authors from around the globe.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy lives also extends to the working environment we provide for our employees.
100% remote working
Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote working available on a part- or full-time basis.
Learning and development
All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated L&D time.
We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four wellbeing days on top of your annual leave allowance.
Employees can dedicate three days each year to volunteer for a personal cause or through our volunteering partner platform, Alaya.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.