We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet
Who we are
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
We are seeking a target-driven professional with strong business acumen and a proven track-record in people management and leadership to lead our Editor Outreach Portfolio. The successful candidate will oversee a pipeline and lead the team to recruit top quality and influential researchers who will join the ‘Frontiers in’ series of journals as Editorial Board Members, in line with our KPIs.
Reporting to the Head of Editor Outreach, the Editor Outreach Portfolio Manager will:
- Represent the interests of the Editor Outreach portfolio and provide an effective interface with other departments.
- Ensure portfolio-wide alignment and collaboration internally (among Editor Outreach Managers and their teams) and with other teams and departments.
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure efficiency and scalability of the portfolio operations.
- Oversee Publishing Development projects to increase efficiency, accelerate growth and bring further strategic value to Frontiers with a pro-active, solution-oriented attitude.
Key areas of responsibility
- Align and collaborates with the Head of Editor Outreach to ensure the overall success of the Editor Outreach portfolio by achieving growth KPIs. Recommend to the Head of Editor Outreach strategic plans and initiatives for the growth and development of the portfolio, including new editor recruitment initiatives.
- Lead a team of Editor Outreach Managers and Specialists within the portfolio, responsible for overall team performance, recruitment, and training of new team members, as well as their continued professional development.
- Oversee daily operations of the portfolio, providing timely support to Editor Outreach Managers and Editor Outreach Specialists.
- Closely collaborate with internal departments (PubDev, Customer Journey, Business Intelligence, PubOps) to ensure the efficiency and scalability of the portfolio operations and the efficient recruitment of new editors.
- Report on progress, challenges, and community feedback to senior management.
- Oversee key projects to improve department efficiency, processes and inter team collaborations.
- Experience in a managerial role, particularly recruiting, onboarding, coaching, and supporting team members.
- Leading a group of Editor Outreach Managers encouraging them to participate and contribute to the department's success.
- Proven track record of leadership, with the ability to influence and align multiple stakeholders on a focused objective
- Ability to successfully lead strategies to develop and contribute to the global company mission
- Business acumen through the implementation of team and departmental level initiatives.
- Ability to work independently with sound and mature judgement to contribute to the success of the portfolio.
- Strong understanding of the publishing landscape.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter and resume
- The indication of your earliest availability
With more than 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will work regularly with teammates in other countries, and with our community of researchers, editors, and authors from around the globe.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy lives also extends to the working environment we provide for our employees.
100% remote working
Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote working available on a part- or full-time basis (not applicable to some Workplace/IT jobs due to nature of role requiring presence onsite, in the office).
Learning and development
All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated L&D time.
We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four wellbeing days on top of your annual leave allowance.
Employees can dedicate three days each year to volunteer for a personal cause or through our volunteering partner platform, Alaya.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.