We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet
Who we are
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
We are recruiting a Head of Brand to come and join our growing Marketing and Communications Department. The role will lead on the development and management of Frontiers’ brand strategy, as well as corresponding brand elements to maximize our brand perception. Reporting to the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, and working closely with the leadership team, the Head of Brand will execute a range of branding initiatives, optimised for multiple internal and external audiences, to build brand awareness and credibility and ensuring that all branding initiatives are aligned with overall business goals.
· Develop and implement an annual brand strategy that supports Frontiers’ business goals
· Make recommendations to adjust the brand strategy based on current market trends and customer behavior
· Engage with senior executives to develop key messaging, topics, and target audiences across specific communication channels
· Ensure consistent communication of Frontiers across all campaigns and communications channels, including web pages, email campaigns, press releases and social media
· Develop new and creative brand campaigns
· Manage and update Frontiers’ brand book and brand guidelines to drive consistency and impact throughout the business
· Manage internal communications to maximize the impact of announcements, launches, and key company milestones
· Oversee internal brand training programs to build purpose, confidence, conviction, and unity amongst employees
· Identify and build relationships with internal and external brand ambassadors and key influencers
· Define and monitor key metrics to assess the performance and impact of brand initiatives
· Develop team goals and objectives, monitor team performance and professional development, and conduct annual appraisals
· Oversee and track the annual budget and ensure it is fully maximized
Bachelor’s Degree and proven extensive experience leading a brand or communications team
Experience at a hyper-growth company, overseeing global teams across a range of markets
Ability to work with executive and senior management, providing informed recommendations with excellent negotiation, influencing, and presentation skills
Strong project management skills, including the ability to work independently and to manage a team with multiple ongoing projects
Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills across a wide range of styles and for multiple channels
Good knowledge of social media tools and the ability to utilize them for communications
Ability to produce clear and concise presentations and reports
Experience with digital asset management tools, analytics tools, and content management systems
Strong command of written and spoken English
Your application must include:
A cover letter and CV
With more than 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will work regularly with teammates in other countries, and with our community of researchers, editors, and authors from around the globe.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy lives also extends to the working environment we provide for our employees.
100% remote working
Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote working available on a part- or full-time basis (not applicable to some Workplace/IT jobs due to nature of role requiring presence onsite, in the office).
Learning and development
All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated L&D time.
We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four wellbeing days on top of your annual leave allowance.
Employees can dedicate three days each year to volunteer for a personal cause or through our volunteering partner platform, Alaya.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.