We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet
Who we are
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
We are seeking driven and target-oriented professionals for the role of Journal Launch Specialist. Reporting to the Journal Launch Manager and working closely with other Journal Managers, the positions focus primarily on the launch of new sections/journals across various scientific fields, content acquisition and on establishing top quality editorial boards. The successful candidate will regularly communicate with leading researchers around the world to manage efficient journal content acquisition and editorial board curation during the launch of new sections.
- Work closely with the Journal Launch Manager on the strategic development of new journals and sections
- Work closely with different Journal Managers on launching new sections in existing journals
- Build strong relationships with high-profile scholars and pro-actively build and manage new Editorial Boards, including appointing new Chief Editors
- Act as the point of contact for newly appointed Chief, Associate and Review Editors to ensure the timely execution of journal content acquisition targets ahead of launch
- Successfully deliver commissioning strategies to solicit high quality content relevant to the journal’s coverage
- Build an awareness of the industry, network with similar roles across the group to understand how others work, benchmark your role and the strategies you use
- Be responsible for all project related administrative and technical tasks ensuring the timely launch of sections online
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects spanning across various stages within the project development timeline
You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, which will enable you to build relationships with high-profile scholars to ensure efficient journal content acquisition and editorial board curation and management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and make thoughtful decisions
- Demonstrated experience in a commercial or academic environment
- Previous experience with a publisher with demonstrated project management and research experience would be a strong asset
- Confidence with sales and an outward facing role
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines and prioritize varied workload under pressure
- Excellent written and spoken English
- A degree or higher in a relevant subject area is preferable
- Knowledge of Salesforce would be beneficial
Your application should include:
- A cover letter and resume
- The indication of your earliest availability
With more than 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will work regularly with teammates in other countries, and with our community of researchers, editors, and authors from around the globe.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy lives also extends to the working environment we provide for our employees.
100% remote working
Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote working available on a part- or full-time basis.
Learning and development
All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated L&D time.
We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four wellbeing days on top of your annual leave allowance.
Employees can dedicate three days each year to volunteer for a personal cause or through our volunteering partner platform, Alaya.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.