We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet.
Who we are
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than one billion views and downloads and two million citations.
Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
We are seeking enthusiastic and driven Journal Specialists to support our highly successful Publishing Development team. We have ambitious growth plans for 2021 and this is an exciting opportunity for candidates who are passionate about Science to contribute to the strategic development and growth of market leading open access journals.
Reporting to the Journal Manager and working closely with other Editorial staff, you will focus on content commissioning & acquisition, strategic journal development and Editorial Board management.
We currently have positions available across all of our portfolios: Biological Sciences and Sustainability, Brain & Data and Analytical Sciences, Health and Biomedicine, HSS & Life Sciences or Physical Sciences and Engineering.
Our office is located in London, however remote working options are available for candidates across the UK
- Support the Journal Manager in driving journal growth through Editor engagement, development of themed article collections and the launch of new sections, informed by competitor and market analyses
- Be the primary point of contact for leading researchers around the world, successfully building relationships to acquire quality content for the journals
- Support building and managing high-profile, academic Editorial Boards
- Communicate with academic Editors to ensure the timely and on-target execution of journal content acquisition strategies
- Carry out existing editorial strategies and develop new journal initiatives by recognizing various growth and development opportunities
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure the efficiency and scalability of journal operations
- A degree or higher in a scientific subject area is preferable with a keen interest in dissemination of research
- Related work experience in a commercial or academic environment, experience in STM or Academic publishing would be beneficial but is not essential
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English, including excellent telephone manner and high attention to detail
- Ability to work to ambitious targets, meet tight deadlines and prioritize varied workload under pressure
- Flexibility and ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work independently and make thoughtful decisions
- Strong administration skills and fluent proficiency with MS Office applications
What we offer
With over 50 nationalities across seven locations around the world, we are certainly a diverse company. You will have the opportunity to work with teammates in other offices, as well as with researchers, editors, and authors from across the globe.
- 25 annual leave days + 4 well-being days
- Participation in the annual company bonus scheme
- Access to the latest equipment
- Extensive learning opportunities through our LinkedIn Learning partnership
- Flexible working framework and remote working opportunities across the UK.
You should include:
1. A CV and cover letter*
2. The indication of your earliest availability
*Please indicate in your cover letter your preferred portfolio(s). You are welcome to choose more than one:
- Biological Sciences and Sustainability
- Brain & Data and Analytical Sciences
- Health and Biomedicine
- HSS & Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences and Engineering
We recruit on a rolling basis so if you are interested in this position please do send your application asap."
To apply please visit the Frontiers Career page - https://apply.workable.com/frontiers/j/1303E2FA36/