We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet
Who we are
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment and a variety of responsibilities? If so, we are looking for Submissions Specialists to join our highly successful Publishing team. This is an exciting role at Frontiers where you will play an important part in the growth of our company. Reporting to the Submissions Manager, you will be responsible for driving high-quality submissions to a portfolio of Frontiers journals through the development of themed article collections.
- Commission high-quality content through development of themed article collections
- Manage the operations of all article collections, while integrating new approaches and experiments into the workflows
- Monitor and analyze data and in order to develop new initiatives to drive submission growth
- Achieve own personal submissions targets, in line with company expectations
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure the efficiency and scalability of commissioning operations
- Support the training of new team members as needed
- Report to the Submissions Manager and support the Journal Manager in executing their strategic vision for the journal
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will enable you to liaise and develop relationships with authors and team members.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, including a confident telephone manner
- A target driven mindset and the ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- First-rate customer service skills are essential and previous experience in a customer facing role would be advantageous
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Able to prioritize varied workload under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced working environment
- Adaptability and problem-solving skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems would be beneficial
Your application should include:
- A cover letter and resume
- The indication of your earliest availability
With more than 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will work regularly with teammates in other countries, and with our community of researchers, editors, and authors from around the globe.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy lives also extends to the working environment we provide for our employees.
100% remote working
Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote working available on a part- or full-time basis (not applicable to some Business Support jobs due to nature of role).
Learning and development
All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated L&D time.
We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four wellbeing days on top of your annual leave allowance.
Employees can dedicate three days each year to volunteer for a personal cause or through our volunteering partner platform, Alaya.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.