A fantastic STM charity publisher is looking for a Business Development Manager to take ownership over a pipeline of donors from foundations and trusts, and corporate and high-net-worth individuals to grow funding in line with charity strategies. The successful candidate will play a key role in expanding the charity's global development projects portfolio, as well as with supporting regionally based funders for their programmes and initiatives.
As this is more on the charity side of the business, we are looking for candidates who have worked within a similar environment, and key responsibilities will include:
- Taking the lead with developing a portfolio of philanthropic trusts, foundations, and corporate and high-net-worth individuals to achieve annual income targets
- Building a robust pipeline through successful relationship management
- Being able to explain scientifically complex projects to non-specialist donors
- Using the CRM tools available to track all communication effectively
- Representing the charity at events to raise their profile and actively seek new opportunities
- Assist other teams with presentations to opinion leaders and decision makers within key accounts, and regularly visit them to maintain the relationships
This is a brilliant opportunity to work with a global charity carrying a high impact in its activities, so one not to be missed! If you have previous experience working in a charity environment in a similar role, do get in touch for more information!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.