UK Sales Manager (d/f/m)
gestalten is hiring a Sales Manager (d/f/m) to join our busy sales team on a full-time basis, working mostly from our office in central London, as well as remotely.
gestalten is one of the world's leading publishers of illustrated books in the fields of architecture and interior, design and fashion, food and drink, the outdoors, travel, and children’s books. The company has its headquarters in Berlin and offices in London.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the Sales Manager (d/f/m) will look after existing customers and proactively seek new business and special sales opportunities.
The successful candidate will ideally have a good knowledge of the UK market and will have a recent track record of sales growth. They will be a confident communicator keen to work collaboratively with internal and external contacts to further grow our sales.
Where your expertise is needed:
- Responsible for growing all sales in the UK and Ireland and achieving sales targets.
- Maintaining and growing strong relationships with our customers (wholesalers, online retailers, and key non-traditional retail accounts) through regular contact, face-to-face meetings, online meetings, and phone calls and follow-ups.
- Monitoring and managing stock.
- Dealing with customer orders and queries and working closely with the distribution center to ensure smooth stock delivery.
- Managing Sales Reps, offering support and strategy to constantly address sales potential throughout the whole of the UK and Ireland.
- Coordinating the distribution of sales, marketing, and publicity material to customers.
- Use of company online systems and resources to stay on top of stock information and key publication data.
- Preparing and submitting sales reports.
- Maintaining and consistently improving product knowledge.
- Attending and assisting plan events when necessary.
What we expect from you:
- Excellent sales and presentation skills.
- Experience in a publishing sales environment, ideally existing relationships with major retailers.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
- A second language, ideally German, would be beneficial.
- An affinity for the topics we cover and an understanding of gestalten’s target audience.
- A globally trusted brand, varied topics, great publications, and a worldwide network of renowned partners and creative talents.
- An international, friendly, and committed team that values mutual respect, transparency, and collaboration.
- A permanent position from the first day of employment.
- A professional environment in a well-located office, modern IT infrastructure, and the possibility to work remotely
gestalten is a creative global publisher of quality, cutting-edge illustrated books. We collaborate with the world’s most interesting creatives to document and anticipate vital movements in architecture and interiors, design and fashion, escape and mobility, travel, food and beverage, as well as visual culture.
Coming from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds, the gestalten team is brought together through a collective interest in the creative world.
gestalten is committed to creating a diverse environment. Therefore, we welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/worldview, disability, age, living situation, sexual orientation, and identity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
‘How to Apply’ details:
Please complete your application using our online form: https://gestalten.jobs.personio.de/job/774101?_pc=429257#apply
Closing Date: 31.08.2022