We have a fantastic new role with an established university press who are looking for a Global Sales Manager to manage international sales activities for multiple imprints and deliver sales targets for books and ebooks. This is a really exciting time to be joining the Press, as they have ambitious strategies for sales and publication growth, and are about to launch a new books and journals online platform.
The role can be completely remote, with monthly company meetings in their South West based office.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Creating and implementing global and regional sales strategies for books and digital products in line with the company's growth objectives
- Developing and maintaining strong professional relationships with global key sales accounts, including wholesalers and digital vendors, to maximise sales of frontlist and backlist titles
- Managing the performance of key global accounts (with a specific focus on US, China and South-East Asia), across trade and professional accounts
- Managing UK and international trade activities and consumer channels, including online retailers
- Analysing sales figures and data and creating bespoke management reports on forecasts and performance
- Collaborating with the other departments including Editorial, Marketing and Production to provide feedback and insights on campaigns, product performance and market trends
- Maintaining oversight of third-party sales reps, distributors and agents, and ensuring clear targets and KPI's are set and reviewed regularly
- Line-managing a Sales Administrator and providing general management to the Sales Team by motivating and supporting staff and ensure
We are looking for an ambitious and passionate book publishing sales professional, preferably from an academic or trade publishing background, who is excited to step up into a crucial role for the Press. They will be strong account managers and team players, and they will have a good understanding of the international book market.
This is a really exciting time to be joining the Press, as they have ambitious plans for sales and publication growth, and are about to launch a new books and journals online platform. The ideal candidate will demonstrate not only commercial acumen and sales-driven attitude, but also be able to engage with the company's ethos and values, and excited to contribute to the Press' development.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.