International Sales Manager
What’s the fastest game bird in Europe? This was the question that inspired the founding of Guinness World Records back in 1955. Starting with a single book published from a room above a gym, GWR has grown to become a global multimedia brand, with offices in London, New York, Beijing, Tokyo and Dubai. Today, we deliver world-class content, not just through books, but via TV shows, social media and live events. Whatever the medium, our ultimate purpose is to make the world a more interesting, fun and positive place.
Job Summary: We’re excited to be looking for an International Sales Manager to join our Publishing team. The main purpose of this role is to protect and grow existing co-edition business across GWR products and manage key licensee business relationships.
Working to the annual Sales and Licensing business plan, meet and exceed annual Business Plan targets by identifying profitable product and promotional licensing partnerships, retail sector and territory opportunities for Guinness World Records publishing content.
What you’ll do
- To deliver budgeted Licensee business revenue through the sale of foreign language editions of GWR titles
- Negotiate annual agreements and manage promotional campaigns (marketing, PR, digital), sell in new titles in line with GWR global publishing programme.
- Responsibility for English Language publishing export business via direct management of distributors.
- Organise annual licensee’s conference, to share results and plans for upcoming year with our international partners.
- Liaise with Marketing & PR teams to ensure management of PR and marketing programmes of partners – ensuring commercial success of all licensed products and consistency of global marketing plan.
The skills and experience you’ll need to be a success
- Familiarity with International publishing markets essential.
- Sales presentation and account management experience essential.
- Excellence in communication, presentation, negotiation and relationship management at key account level.
- Excellence in systems management, administration, organisation and data analysis.
- Computer skills: MS Office skills essential, in particular Excel.
- European language skill will be an added advantage.
Offer & Benefits
- A competitive salary with a generous holiday allowance
- From day one you will be enrolled in our insurance schemes including Life Assurance and Permanent Health Insurance. Once you pass your probation you can join our Private Medical Health insurance.
- The opportunity to work hybrid between home and our central London office or remote
- Ability to access digital or in person learning and development.
- The chance to be part of an iconic brand and collaborate with people from all corners of the globe.
Guinness World Records is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where everyone can thrive and belong. We are committed to including people with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, disability age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please apply by sending your CV to our People and Culture Business Partner Monika, Monika.Tilani@guinnessworldrecords.com stating your salary expectations