What you’ll be doing
We have an exciting opportunity for an Acquisition Marketing Manager to join the team, working across the brands Rising Stars, RS Assessment and Hodder Education.
Purpose of the job:
Responsible for our growth strategy for a selection of key resources, this role will develop and implement multi-channel marketing with a focus on generating leads and growing our customer base.
With a diverse and wide-ranging product portfolio, this role will make data-driven decisions to drive product and brand awareness.
This role reports to the Head of Primary and Assessment Marketing and is part of the marketing team focussed on the primary state and independent school educational markets.
Key tasks will include:
- Acquisition campaigns: Plan, design and execute acquisition-based marketing campaigns across all channels, in line with allocated budget.
Channels including but not exclusive to website, email, social, direct mail, sales presentations, Google, blog, print and digital advertising, trade, Amazon.
- Segmentation: Effectively segment the market utilising our CRM system, sales trends and your market knowledge.
- Leads: Generate high quality leads through on and offline activity including direct mail, PPC, Paid Social and organic search in SEO.
- Sales Funnel: Work with the sales team to drive online conversion of leads through the sales funnel process.
- Trials: Work closely with the Digital Subscriptions Manager and Sales team to develop and implement a high-quality digital trial programme and review regularly.
- Automation: Identify and execute opportunities to automate the acquisition process, e.g. triggered email comms and PPC automation.
- Brand: Clearly articulate who we are and what we stand for across brands, with an aim to bring prospects down the marketing funnel from brand awareness to purchase decision.
- Reporting: Ensure all campaigns are fully tagged and trackable, analyse and report on results against sales targets and KPIs.
- Budget and ROI: Manage acquisition marketing budgets and maximise return on investment for all marketing activity through evaluation of sales and promotional activities.
- CPA: Determine our optimal customer acquisition cost for each customer segment and then measure against.
- Testing and optimising: Continuously test and amend copy/plans where needed to maximise engagement.
- Market knowledge: Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of market conditions and competitor activity.
- Marketing Trends: Keep up to date with marketing best practice in order to bring innovation and creativity to strategy and campaigns.
- Content Marketing: Generate high quality content such as White Papers, author written blog articles to influence our target markets.
- International: Work closely with the International Marketing team to ensure campaigns are fully optimised for international markets.
- Social media strategy: Work closely with the Digital Marketing team to develop our social media presence.
- 3rd party management: Work closely with our SEO Agency to maximise the visibility of organic search through SEO and ensuring that the website is fully optimised to drive traffic.
- Website management: Maintain the online presence of the product portfolio across the website.
Who we are looking for
Commercially aware and genuinely creative, you will already have experience of developing and successfully running multi-channel acquisition marketing campaigns, which have resulted in impressive sales. The role is varied and requires expertise in all elements of the marketing mix on and offline.
- Proven experience in planning and implementing acquisition focused marketing campaigns.
- Proven track-record in managing budgets and delivering successful ROI.
- Analytical, data driven marketing expertise that bases decisions on insights and facts.
- Ability to translate customer research into profitable new marketing activity.
- Building effective demand generation campaigns through all digital channels involving Marketing Automation tools.
- Digitally savvy, with a strong understanding of CRM, Content, SEO, PPC.
Previous experience of marketing to schools and / or an understanding of tests and assessment would be an advantage.
What we offer
Our staff are our greatest asset and our benefits reflect this. In addition to 25 days annual leave days per year + bank holidays, we have an extensive list of benefits that include: a wide-ranging training library, development programmes including mentoring, Cycle to Work vouchers, Private Medical Insurance, eye care vouchers, up to 70% off book purchases, a charity book shelf, 2 volunteer days per year to use at your charity of choice, many employee networks to join, summer hours (finishing at 1pm on Fridays during the summer months!), season ticket loans, rent deposit loans, generous pension schemes and much more!
Please note, we're currently recruiting for this role in one of the following Hachette UK office locations: London, Sheffield, Newcastle, or Edinburgh
Who we are and what we do
The Hodder Education Group, part of Hachette UK, has consistently grown both in the UK and internationally. We work alongside schools and colleges around the world to create books and digital resources that help teachers, students and parents. We have a set of core values that drive our culture and enrich our working environment:
- Teachers and students are at the heart of what we do
- Quality in everything from our practices to our products
- Trustworthy in what we publish and how we interact
- Collaboration is key to how we work, internally and externally
The marketing team is a group of talented people who are creative, customer focused and keen to try out new ideas to generate the best response.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package together with a creative, fast-paced and fun working environment.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.
The Book Trade Charity offers financial support to people looking to enter the book trade but who may struggle to afford the costs of attending interviews and undertaking junior roles. For more information visit www.booktradeentrysupport.org