What you’ll be doing
Reporting to one of our Senior Contracts & Business Affairs Managers the Operations Executive will work across the department to:
- Processing the signature of contractual paperwork handled by the department (primarily via Docusign);
- Storing electronic versions of contractual paperwork;
- Recording details of contractual paperwork to Biblio;
- Reporting progress of contractual paperwork on a log/tracker, running reports and analysis;
- Responding to queries from the Department and wider business on the status and location of contractual paperwork;
- Liaising with Finance and Royalties teams to ensure the timely payment of advances and fees due on signature of contractual paperwork;
- Liaising with Editorial Operations teams to ensure data consistency and process efficiency;
- Exploring solutions for automating the department’s processes;
- Managing and supporting special projects as required (e.g. onboarding of contractual paperwork for new imprint or company acquisitions, participating in IT and infrastructure projects on behalf of the department, designing and implementing technical process solutions for the department).
Who we are looking for
- Proven experience in data management role, ideally in publishing
- Experience of building and using reporting systems and structures
- Experience collaborating with IT professionals on project delivery is desirable.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office 365 (including SharePoint, Teams)
- Knowledge of, or aptitude for, relevant applications/systems. Prior knowledge of Biblio and Alliant would be highly desirable
- Numerate and commercially aware
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
- Ability to communicate and build positive working relationship with contacts at all levels
What we offer
Our staff are our greatest asset and our benefits reflect this. In addition to 28 days annual leave days per year + bank holidays, we have an extensive list of benefits that include: a wide-ranging training library, development programmes including mentoring, Cycle to Work vouchers, Private Medical Insurance, eye care vouchers, up to 70% off book purchases, a charity book shelf, 2 community days per year, many employee networks to join, summer hours (finishing at 1pm on Fridays during the summer months!), season ticket loans, rent deposit loans, generous pension schemes and much more!
The role will be based at our London office, Carmelite House, with a blend of in-office (3 days) and homeworking (2 days) per week.
Who we are and what we do
Hachette UK is a leading UK publishing group. The group is made up of 11 autonomous publishing divisions and over 60 imprints with a rich and diverse history.
The Contracts & Business Affairs Department comprises a team of 20 who handle approximately 3000 contractual paperwork requests per annum. This includes author contracts, subsidiary rights agreements and other contractual paperwork such as amendments and contributor agreements. The Operations Executive will support all parts of this Department as well as provide some support for the Legal Department which comprises a team of 8 lawyers who handle legal disputes, compliance matters and complex contracts across the Hachette UK group of companies. The Operations Executive supports these Departments to power creative success by being technical experts and commercially sound partners to the HUK business.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.
The Book Trade Charity offers financial support to people looking to enter the book trade but who may struggle to afford the costs of attending interviews and undertaking junior roles. For more information visit www.booktradeentrysupport.org