Publicity Manager (Permanent full-time)
Hardie Grant is looking to recruit a Publicity Manager to work across its imprints, including Quadrille. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic and collaborative team, across a range of awarding-winning titles and authors.
The ideal candidate will be a confident, organised and energetic professional, with a track record of planning and implementing innovative book campaigns. You will be used to delivering first rate author care and have a passion for building author platforms, as well excellent knowledge of the media landscape and contacts within the industry. You will also be able to work independently as well as within a close-knit team.
Reporting to the Publicity Director, the key responsibilities will include:
- Formulate and implement transformational campaigns to secure top level coverage.
- Develop and maintain media relationships across print, broadcast, online and digital, particularly with outlets where there’s a clear conversion into book sales.
- Seek new avenues and platforms for coverage in order to expand campaign reach.
- Deliver a high level of author care as well as assist with the development of key authors where necessary.
- Assist with event logistics and planning, including alternative digital options to promote our authors.
The role will work closely with the publishing, sales and marketing teams, providing excellent opportunities for collaboration and idea generation across the business.
We are interested in hearing from experienced candidates as well as talented individuals who are ready to take the next step up in their careers. We are offering a competitive package for this role.
About Hardie Grant
Hardie Grant is a successful, fast-growing publisher based in Southwark, London. We publish beautiful, informative and practical books on areas including cooking, craft, fashion, nature, interiors, wellbeing and empowerment. Alongside out illustrated titles, we have a growing list of narrative titles as well as critically-acclaimed kid’s programme.
At Hardie Grant we believe it's our responsibility to create a culture of belonging where everyone is welcome, and all are equal. We also want to use our special position as a publisher to help celebrate inclusive and diverse stories and ideas.
How to Apply: Please email your CV and a covering letter outlining your key experience, your salary expectations and your notice period to Emma Marijewycz at RecruitmentUK@hardiegrant.com.
Closing date: 14th February