Rights & Co-editions Co-ordinator
Hardie Grant is looking to recruit a Rights & Co-editions Co-ordinator to support its Foreign Rights department. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic and collaborative team, responsible for selling translation rights in Hardie Grant and Quadrille titles to publishers around the world.
This is a key position, which involves daily communication with overseas publishers. Customer care is an important aspect of the role, which would suit a highly organised team player with excellent communication and time-management skills, an eye for detail, the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure, and a flair for building and nurturing excellent customer relationships.
Reporting to the Head of Foreign Rights, key responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with overseas publishers and with Hardie Grant’s production, design and editorial teams to ensure the smooth running of co-edition sales fulfilment.
- Collating and submitting digital sales materials and sample copies.
- Processing rights contracts.
- Updating departmental progress reports and sales databases.
- Organising book fair and sales trip schedules.
- Assisting with the organisation of a company presence at international book fairs.
- General administrative support.
About Hardie Grant
Hardie Grant is a successful, fast-growing, independent publisher of illustrated non-fiction. We publish beautiful, informative, and practical books on areas including cooking, craft, fashion, nature, interiors, wellbeing, and empowerment. Our books encourage people to live well, eat well and be happy. Alongside our illustrated list, we have a growing list of narrative titles as well as a critically acclaimed children’s publishing programme.
Based in Southwark, London we believe it's our responsibility to create a culture of belonging where everyone is welcome, and all are equal. We also want to use our position as a publisher to help celebrate inclusive and diverse stories and ideas.
How to Apply: Please email your CV and a covering letter outlining any key experience, your salary expectations and your notice period to Janet Martin at RecruitmentUK@hardiegrant.com.
Closing date: 20th February 2023