Leading food and lifestyle book publisher, Hardie Grant UK, is delighted to be creating a new opportunity for a meticulous and dynamic Metadata Manager to join its London Marketing team.
The focus of this new role is the effective management of the company’s metadata across its Hardie Grant Books and Quadrille imprints. With a thorough knowledge of bibliographic data, Amazon and keywords, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the entire list data is current and meets the requirements of international partners and aggregators, including Nielsen. Taking a top-level view of data workflows, the Metadata Manager will identify problems at an early stage and implement solutions to ensure data optimisation.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years’s experience bibliographic data role. This is a full-time position and is based at Hardie Grant’s offices in London Bridge, although staff may currently work remotely.
- Oversee and manage the metadata process from start to finish across all imprints, liaising internally to ensure bibliographic fields are inputted and signed off and all image assets are loaded at the correct stages to the Firebrand database
- Be the primary point of contact for all internal bibliographic queries, devising reports for management on categories, and identifying and optimising metadata output for discoverability and conversion of titles through online stores
- Ensure the company is up-to-date with all current and future UK and rest of world bibliographic standards
- Minimum 3 years’s experience in a bibliographic data role
- Must be well-organised, meticulous and committed to ensuring the data is accurate
- Have strong interpersonal and communication and presentation skills
About Hardie Grant Publishing
Hardie Grant is a leading independent publisher of non-fiction books. Our internationally renowned and award-wining list specialises in cookery, lifestyle, health and well-being, MBS, interiors, gift and more.
Hardie Grant is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We welcome job applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experience.
To apply, please send a CV and a covering letter outlining your key experience, your salary expectations and your notice period to recruitmentUK@hardiegrant.com.
The closing date for this role is 16 October 2020.