Project Editor, Hay House UK
Hay House is the UK’s leading publisher of non-fiction books, digital products and online courses in the personal development, holistic health and spirituality space. We’re looking for an experienced project editor to work closely with authors on a range of exciting and innovative books and gift products. This is a key role within the editorial team and would suit someone with a minimum of five years’ experience in an editorial role, ideally in a trade publishing environment, who is passionate about producing great content that supports and empowers our readers.
The role involves:
- Project managing titles and associated materials from approval of manuscript for edit to preparation of final files for print.
- Copy-editing, proofreading and sense-checking content.
- Commissioning, briefing and liaising with freelance editors, typesetters, proofreaders and indexers.
- Managing schedules and budgets.
- Working in InDesign to make text revisions and finalize files for print.
- Writing engaging, relevant and informative copy for a variety of platforms.
- Building/maintaining excellent relationships with authors and colleagues.
You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills; fluency in English is mandatory for this role. You will be highly organized and able to demonstrate strong editorial and project management skills, including copywriting, copy-editing and proofreading. You will have experience of managing projects through all stages of the editorial workflow, ideally in a trade publishing environment. An exceptional eye for detail and layout is key, as are creative thinking skills – from sourcing ideas to day-to-day problem-solving. You must be able to work in a hybrid team environment in a collaborative and flexible way. Knowledge of the mind, body, spirit field and proficiency in InDesign, Asana, Biblio and MS Office would be advantageous.
If you fulfil the above requirements and are interested in joining our team, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Closing date for applications: 22 July 2022