Hay House Publishers is looking for a full-time Marketing Assistant to join their team. Hay House specializes in mind, body, spirit (MBS), personal development and wellness books, digital products, online courses and live events. This is a varied role that involves working with many departments and across all aspects of the marketing workflow. It will suit someone with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask while handling competing priorities.
The Marketing Assistant role will provide administration, content and campaign support to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager in order to facilitate the smooth running of the marketing team.
- Coordinating and scheduling regular department, company and author meetings, efficiently minuting for action points and circulating to relevant stakeholders.
- Creating and maintaining the UK marketing project calendar in the content management system, and liaising with the Senior Marketing Manager on progress on a weekly basis.
- Liaising with the Online Marketing Specialist to create and keep track of the UK social media project calendar with focus on inputting key business activity.
- Assisting with campaign planning and implementation with focus on flagging design deadlines in accordance with campaign timeline. Coordinating design assets from designer to author and internal team.
- Working on events marketing alongside the Senior Digital Marketing Manager. Coordinating activity including copywriting for emails and social media while briefing design assets to deadlines.
- Supporting the Online Marketing Specialist in producing copy for key social channels including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook while monitoring author accounts for key priorities.
- Developing a curiosity around new marketing initiatives. Assisting the Senior Digital Marketing Manager in developing the Hay House UK presence online through test and learn.
- Researching potential partnerships, showing an interest in valuable brands outside the industry and feeding back to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager.
- Keeping an eye on influencer activity and checking in with the publicity team on a monthly basis to understand trends within the community.
- Becoming further aware of digital trends and growing own knowledge of marketing through proactive reading, listening and learning.
- Completing general administration e.g. liaising on invoices, arranging meetings.
- Lending support to other teams within the company when the need arises.
You will have good verbal and written communication skills, excellent organizational and time-management skills and a keen eye for detail. You will be working across multiple projects so must be proactive, able to prioritize a wide and varied workload and work to tight deadlines. Strong administrative skills and working as part of a team in a collaborative and flexible way are key. You will be proficient in MS Office. Experience of using social media platforms and/or an aptitude for copywriting will be an advantage.
Hay House employs people on the basis of their abilities, and we welcome applications from any individual, regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age.
Due to Covid-19 all Hay House staff are currently working remotely from home and we do not have extensive timeline for when this may change. You will be contracted to work full-time from our Baker Street office, but this role will likely involve a work-from-home start.
If you fulfil the above requirements and are interested in joining our dynamic team, please forward your CV and covering letter to Lizzi Marshall, Senior Digital Marketing Manager, at email@example.com.
Please note that we only have capacity to get back to candidates put through to interview stage. If you haven’t received any communication from two weeks after the closing date, then unfortunately you will not have been successful this time.
Salary around £22-24k dependant on experience
Closing date for applications: Friday 25 September 2020