Our client, a leading academic publisher with offices in the UK and USA, requires a new Head of Business Technology who will lead the Business Technology team and drive innovation.
Summary of Role:
- Developing global Business Technology strategies and plans aligned to overall business and technology strategies, with appropriate balance between robustness and agility
- Planning and developing new business systems, processes, applications and technologies to fulfil the Business Technology strategic plan
- Delivering Business Technology systems and services to agreed SLAs
- Managing and developing relationships with key service providers
Skills & Experience:
- Must have depth and breadth of authority and experience on all BT matters
- Ability to influence people at all levels of the organization and secure buy-in to proposed actions
- Strong team player and leader
- High level of people skills – leadership, management, organizing, coaching, supervising, influencing, persuading, listening, counseling, giving feedback
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, one-to-one, group, formal presentations – ability to vary style, pace and presentation to suit the audience
- Strong project management knowledge, skills and experience, ideally based on industry recognized methodology (eg PRINCE2, MSP and Agile)
- Knowledge of leading edge tools and technologies in the areas of content, data and platform delivery
- Experience of managing third party suppliers, service providers and contractors along with own organization’s business and BT staff within multi-disciplinary multi-skilled team structure.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation from a practitioner’s viewpoint.
- Creative thinking and problem solving abilities
Referrals: We will reward you with GBP500.00 if you know the perfect candidate for this position and our client hires them. You can send contact details of anyone you want to recommend to firstname.lastname@example.org