Our client, a leading provider of tools and services to the research community, is looking for a Head of Communications to deliver a communications strategy across PR, social media, blogs and internal communications.
Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Director, the Head of Communications will play an exciting and diverse role in building brand awareness for a suite of open science products and services. The main responsibilities include:
- Developing, delivering and implementing a communications strategy for products and services
- Providing communications guidance and advice to colleagues and senior management
- Developing key team members’ media & communications skills
- Coordinating and leading internal/external communications activities across the organisation
- Leading responsibility for company and product media activity to achieve a good level of coverage of a variety of types of stories from scientific to strategic/business stories.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key journalists in national/international media
- Ensuring guidelines and best practice are developed and delivered for social media and blogs
- Managing the Senior Communications Officer and Communications Officer
- Liaising with colleagues in key departments to ensure proactive communications support.
The successful candidate will have significant experience creating social media campaigns and blog networks achieving effective media coverage, and solid experience working with journalists, pitching to achieve a good level of coverage. You will have excellent all-round communication skills, with the ability to communicate creatively and engagingly to a wide range of audience across a broad breadth of subjects using a wide range of media. You will ideally have good contacts at major outlets internationally in science, publishing, technology, and business, and a background in science is desirable.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits.
To apply for this position, click on the Apply Now button below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference TP 386. For an initial, confidential discussion please call us on +44(0)1223632510.
Early applications are preferred.
Referral Scheme - Telfer Partners offer a referral reward if we fill this vacancy with someone you recommend. You can send us contact details of anyone you would like to recommend to email@example.com.