A highly successful Open Access publisher is looking to appoint an experienced Head of Content Acquisition. In this new position, you will set up and manage a highly efficient team of Content Acquisition Editors who will bring in high quality article submissions across a broad range of open access and open research forums.
Working with relevant publishing teams, you will initiate and oversee a highly structured and scalable content development, article solicitation and commissioning strategy across all disciplines, monitoring and refining the strategy as required, ensuring a continuous pipeline of new article content. This role will also be hands-on in both analysing scientific fields and growth areas and engaging with researchers to build awareness of the benefits of open research publishing approaches.
With an active interest in open access, open data and open science, you will have demonstrable experience of developing and delivering a content development strategy and have experience of managing an effective team and building and refining effective workflows and processes to ensure the system is highly scalable.
Skills & experience required:
- Demonstrable experience of commissioning original research
- Experience of line managing an efficient and effective commissioning team
- Experience of running, monitoring and refining commissioning workflows with a solid understanding of associated systems and tools required to manage them effectively
- First class analytical skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong organisational skills
- A positive and proactive approach to problem solving
- Able to work cooperatively with colleagues at all levels
- A high level of computer literacy
This role carries a very attractive salary plus bonus and excellent company benefits. The position can be based remotely.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting new position, please send your CV and a cover letter.