A highly successful global STM publisher is looking to appoint an experienced Head of Content Acquisition. In this new position, you will set up and manage a highly efficient and dedicated team of Content Acquisition Editors who will bring in high quality article submissions across a broad range of open access and open research forums.
Working with relevant publishing teams, you will develop and oversee a commissioning strategy which can be refined, as necessary, ensuring a solid pipeline of new article content to meet defined targets.
Building on your existing network, you will have a hands-on responsibility to engage with researchers and to build awareness of the benefits of open science publishing approaches and how they will contribute to article pipelines.
With an active interest in open access, open data and open science, you will have demonstrable experience of developing and delivering a content development strategy and have experience of managing an effective team.
Skills & experience include:
- At least 4-5 years demonstrable commissioning experience from an Open Access background
- Experience of line managing an efficient and effective commissioning team
- First class analytical skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong organisational skills
- A positive and proactive approach to problem solving
- Able to work cooperatively with colleagues at all levels
- A high level of computer literacy
This role carries a very attractive salary plus bonus with excellent company benefits. The position will be based remotely in either the UK or Germany.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting new position, please send your CV and a cover letter.