Do you have the editorial and team management experience necessary to put editorial excellence at the heart of this professional membership organisation? This prestigious London based organisation which promotes the development of family law professionals, is looking to appoint an experienced publishing professional to be their new Head of Editorial & Publishing, to lead the development of their editorial content across both print and digital platforms. In this role, you will develop a portfolio of content, including traditional titles, information for the public, online training and information for members.
- Working with the organisation’s members, volunteers, and specialist committees to establish and maintain editorial standards for member-facing content and publications
- Edit content/manuscripts to ensure accuracy, currency and relevance to the audience
- Locate, engage and support authors and contributors from within their membership
- Commission and manage suppliers
- Working with colleagues and members lead the editorial elements of training and learning projects
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of current and new publishing platforms and approaches, applying this knowledge to the development of new products
- Contribute to departmental strategy development by working closely with colleagues
- Working closely with the Operations Director, agree annual revenue targets in line with strategy and plans.
With a proven ability to interpret complex information and communicate it to a wide range of audiences, you will have demonstrable experience in editorial and content creation. Your experience of online publishing and your understanding of digital and print workflows will be important. Candidates must have proven experience of managing project budgets effectively and will have fantastic written and verbal communication skills.
Experience within legal publishing or having a legal qualification will be an advantage but is not essential.
The company offers an excellent salary and benefits package and this position will be flexible with an element of hybrid working.
If you are looking for a new role where you can help shape the growth and success of a highly successful organisation, who support family law, please apply by sending your CV and a short cover note outlining your interest and salary.