An exciting new position has opened up with a leading book creator / publisher in London to help manage their business. Our client is looking for a Head of Marketing and Operations to manage a small team and drive forward the development of our client's mission and strategic direction. You will be working across the whole operations of the business including strategy, marketing and manufacturing infrastructure whilst also driving profitability and growth.
You will be experienced in working across staff management, recruitment, marketing, PR, finance management and strategy along with handling the day-to-day management of the company.
- Experience in customer-focused e-commerce management
- Using Email marketing, analytical and database tools
- Working with website knowledge of SEO/SEM and Google Analytics
- Strong project management skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Being flexible and able to prioritise workloads as well as work on their own initiative within a busy environment
- Strong networking and relationship-cultivation skills
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written, a keen eye for detail, and confidence in data management and reporting
- Excellent project and people management skills, proven ability to lead and support individuals, teams and activity including being able to delegate effectively
- Setting and managing budgets with the aim of delivering significant measurable improvements
- The ability to develop reporting frameworks, KPIs and manage budgets and performance metrics
- Proven negotiation skills (e.g. with contracts, web developers)
This role will be responsible for receiving 3-4 direct reports and so experience managing and motivating colleagues is essential. Knowledge of self-publishing and software technology would also be desired.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.