A highly regarded London-based scientific college is looking for a dynamic and experienced individual, with a strong background in STM publishing and demonstrable journal experience, to join their team as Head of Publishing.
This is a unique opportunity to lead a prestigious portfolio, and take responsibility for the overall performance of the publishing operations, including management of the publishing team, and setting the strategic direction of the portfolio. This role offers a hybrid working arrangement with two days in the office and three days working from home.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Developing strong working relationships with college editors, editorial boards, authors, books committee and publishing partners.
- Responsibility for the overall performance of the publishing operations, including management of the publishing team.
- Working closely with the director of strategic communications, to ensure the publishing portfolio meets the objectives of the college.
- Frequent liaising with the Colleges’ editors and the College’s publishing partner to determine key objectives and strategic planning.
- Review and negotiate policy and strategic changes, proposed by the College’s publishing partner.
- Lead and develop the publishing team.
We are looking for an experienced STM publishing professional, with a strong background in journals publishing, ideally from a similar society publishing environment. STM books experience would also be an advantage. A solid understanding of the journals’ publishing landscape is highly desirable and familiarity with publishing software used in academic journals, including ScholarOne and/or Editorial Manager, is essential. The successful person will also have experience of leading and mentoring a team.
This role carries a highly attractive salary and excellent company benefits, and the opportunity to develop and grow this portfolio.
For further information or a confidential chat please get in touch with us on 0207 048 6223 or please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org